OMC Sail Drive Zephyr 1984

Hec

Cadet
I can not stop the engine when I turn off the ignition key.Some body can Help me :)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: OMC Sail Drive Zephyr 1984

Was this a sudden problem or did it happen after some repair or maintainence ? There are a couple of possibilities, faulty ignition switch, ignition feed wire shorted to power.

Hec

Cadet

Reel said:
Was this a sudden problem or did it happen after some repair or maintainence ? There are a couple of possibilities, faulty ignition switch, ignition feed wire shorted to power.

Hec

Cadet

Thanks Captain... It happened after a maintenance... carburetor cleaning.unfortunately I have not the maintenance manual.two question:
1)The ignition switch is not so old (2 years), Point "M" is the stop circuit, How can I check if it work correctly ?
2)Could you said to me if the "ignition Feed wire is the Black/Yellow" this cable end at the Starter Solenoid and have a 20 amp fuse?.
Thanks for your help again. Hec.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Those engines are nothing more than outboard powerheads stuck on top of an outdrive looking device sticking out the bottom of a boat. So for the best help with your problem, you might want to post in either the Johnson and Evenrude forums. (Both are OMC products).
If you can, get a model number and a HP rating. It will help people help you.

Click on the link below for the outboard forums.
http://forums.iboats.com/bbBoard.cgi?