What was that lure??

Gone

Petty Officer 1st Class
At the recent Bassmaster classic, one of the leaders was using a new rattling one piece spinner bait. Does anyone recall what it was??

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: What was that lure??

It was a "Chatterbait"!<br /><br />
chatter-chart.jpg

cwilt

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have a chatter bait and it does'nt rattle has some real serious vibration though

Gone

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the info! They seem hard to find right now.

skeeterboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Um yea some are selling on ebay for 50-60 BUCKS! Think thats nuts the Megabass ITO 110 jerkbaits are going for 175$ !! I think the chatterbait is pretty much a diff style of spinnerbait and not so much a jig.

MYTJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gimmick is making someone a rich person.....

MYTJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I checked the web site and currently, orders are expected to take approximately 30 days to fill.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Obviously catches more and bigger anglers than fish.

LubeDude

Admiral

I never beleive anything that a tournament angler says that he caught them on, Hes a businessman and will tell you what his sponsors tell him to say.<br /><br />I know a couple of big time tournament anglers, and they take what they fish with on the plane with them. The rest of the stuff they give away at the dock most of the time just to get it out of there boat.<br /><br />When I used to tournament fish, I took my baits off and changed to something else before I came in. Its just a game!!!!<br /><br />Fishermen lie, we cant help it! :eek: :eek:

cwilt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fishermen lie, we cant help it! <br /> true words from a wise man

LubeDude

Admiral

:D I even tied one of those little Troll dolls on my line one time with a big A*SS hook on it. :p :p <br /><br /> :rolleyes: Ha, Ha, Ha, Im a laugh a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

sergioy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I ordered some of those back in January, and they really do have some radical action, but since getting them I have only caught one fish on them (4.5#). So don't go out and break the bank on them.

Gone

Petty Officer 1st Class

Similarly, back in the 70's I had picked up a Devil's Horse on a trip to Florida and brought it back to Michigan. You know, I haven't caught even one bass with it. I see it mentioned in various fishing reports as a productive lure, but not for me!

LubeDude

Admiral

I will bet anyone any amount of money that I can catch a Bass on any lure ever made small enough for a Bass to eat, even if its designed for Salmon, Trout or Musky. I (As a Joke), one time made a lure out of an old corn cob and caught a Bass, so its the way you make it move that counts, not necesarily the perfect color or shape. Ive even had them hit my bobber while fishing for crappy.

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by Bassin' Fever AKA LubeDude:<br /> Fishermen lie, we cant help it! :eek: :eek:
So then, we really can't believe anything you have told us. So maybe they are good lures? Hmmm :confused: :p :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br />So then, we really can't believe anything you have told us. So maybe they are good lures? Hmmm :confused: :p :D
:cool: :cool: Maybe not! ;)

aspeck

Staff member

And maybe synthetic oil is really junk! :D <br /><br />Sorry, just couldn't resist.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> And maybe synthetic oil is really junk! :D <br /><br />Sorry, just couldn't resist.
Well, its deffinatly unnecesary in most cases! :rolleyes: