XPS Battery Charger

woodduck17

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a Bass Pro XPS 3-bank battery charger that just stopped working. I took it out of the compartment and it looks like it is a completely sealed unit. I checked the connections where you plug in the power cord--it is getting power there, but no power light on the unit. I tested the cord going into the sealed unit for open wire by twisting the cable but no change. Instinct tells me that it has popped a fuse within the sealed unit----any hope for this thing or is it ballast now?

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: XPS Battery Charger

There is nothing servicable in the unit. Could be the LED is burnt out. Disconnect all the leads going to the batteries, plug it in and check for voltage. Should be approx 13.3V on each lead. If not you could try contacting the manufacturer www.promariner.com

PuddleJumper

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had same prob with same unit. In fact it was 3 mo past
1 year warranty. I sent in to ProMariner (you can get return form on their website) They sent me a newer model ProMariner brand no charge. Nice folks to deal with. Good luck:$

woodduck17

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have no idea how old this unit is---it was on the boat when I bought it. The boat is a 89 Tracker---I doubt if they would be too helpful. Thanks for the replys.

PuddleJumper

Petty Officer 1st Class

They might repair it for less than a new unit. U might try calling their cust svc # and see what they might do for U.

woodduck17

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I talked to Promariner today and found out my unit was an 04 model and not cost effective to repair. They did sell me a replacement for about half the BassPro price. Overall a good deal-----