Evinrude BF2K Troller

husheddeath05

Recruit
I guess it is not really a problem, just a curiosity. We (by we, I mean my father) has a 16' Stratus Sport boat. One of those jobies that's nice for fishing and towing skiers/tubers as well. She's a little old, 1992. An Evinrude 125 Twin V on the back, she goes. But anyways, my question is referring to the trolling motor mounted on the front.
It is supposedly a Evinrude Model "BF2K". Unfortunately, the internet tells me that no such thing exists. And the book that we got with the boat has every permutation of B's, F's and 2's, but nary a K. The point of all this is whether or not it can take 24 Volts or not. The cable's running to the back split somewhere, and become 2 seperate entities, I.E. 2 Blacks, 2 Reds, for the battery hook up. We've always run it with only one battery hooked up, and used either/or set of plugs. And we are hoping to find out from someone who knows before attempting to run it on 24 and wind up burning out. Which would put a stop to bassin' quick fast and in a hurry.
Thanks prior :)

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Evinrude BF2K Troller

8) The listing I have indicates that your motor is a 12 Volt with a 36" shaft and was built between 1990 &1994. From what I see in the listings if your motor has a "2" in the number it is a 12 volt and if it has a "4" it is a 24 volt. The "B" indicates it is a bow mount and the "F" indicates and foot control. Hope this helps, I am trying to find info on a recently purchased BFL4PV with some luck but no servicing info found to date.