Floor Plan

cknadroj

Cadet
I am thinking of putting an aluminum diamond tread plate floor in my 14’ 1961 aluminum runabout. It did not have a floor originally, but a previous captain put a fairly nice wood/carpet floor in. We liked having the floor.

It goes like stink with a 40 HP Johnson.

The boat has been completely stripped and the paint has been blasted off every square inch - 303 pounds in its stocking feet. Planning on a near copy of the factory 1958 (yes 1958) red deck/black stripe/white hull paint scheme, upgrade to cable steering, and eventually twin Mercury 25 HP power. That will be 5 HP over the hull rating. This is not a drill.

A brushed 5’ by 10’ by 1/8” sheet of aluminum diamond tread plate weighs about 70 lbs and costs about $225.

What do you think?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Floor Plan

you are going to have good bracing, or even plywood under it, don't think 1/8" is ridged enough. the Lonestar is a fantastic boat. i have an early 60's Commander 3 seat fisherman, w/ '55 15hp rude. what a boat!!! email me and will send pictures, tashasdaddy@comcast.net.

guywithboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Floor Plan

It will look nice, however I would think it would get a bit hot on the feet. HAve you checked to see how slick it would be?