Control Box Constant Beep

jimg

Recruit
I have an 89' Mercury oil injected motor 40 h.p. The quicksilver control box broke so I bought a used one that had the same 8 pin harness. The old one (that broke) had a sperate harness that had 4 wires going back to the motor - 1 for tilit up, i for tilt down, and two more - one blue, one brown that I have no idea what they went to - blue was not hooked up, brown was. The new box has four wires coming out the 8 pin harness, just not the same color. I found the tilt up/down, but I have two more one which is brown, the other brown with a white stripe that I don't know what it is for.
Now for the question. The motor started and runs just fine but the new control box won't stop beeping. It is a pulsed beep, beep-beep-beep and very annoying. I don't think my last control box had a beeper. Any ideas to solve the beeping without cutting the wire to the beeper? Thanks.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Control Box Constant Beep

Is it possible that your old control box had a "beeper" but that it didn't work? The new one may be signalling an oil problem! Constant beep is overheat.