Lake Powell over Labor Day

Drowned Rat

Captain
Howdy gang. I'm going to be making my annual Fall trip to Lake Powell and would be happy to meet up with some of you guys on the lake. I'm looking at the 1st through the 4th of Sept, although I won't get on the lake til around 3 or 4 pm on the 1st. I plan on launching at Wahweep just cause it's easier for me, but Antelope is an option too. And I plan on going up lake about 30 miles to the area of West Canyon which isn't that far from Bullfrog either. I'd like to camp in West Canyon, but that isn't for everybody. There is plenty of wide open BEAUTIFUL beach camping at the mouth to West Canyon though. Anyway, thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone was interested. The first 2 weeks of Sept. are the absolute best time to be on the lake.8)

DR

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lake Powell over Labor Day

Very tempting . . . Don't think I can pull it off, but I am looking at the Calendar . . .

Drowned Rat

Captain

Yeah, that's a long way for you to go. You'd pass a lot of lakes on the way there.d:)

KRS

Banned

I would love to go when someone who knows the lake would be there.... any striper fishing on your calender?

Drowned Rat

Captain

Hey there KRS. I don't usually fish, I'm more into the exploring aspect. I wouldn't be much help I'm afraid.:/ The last time I went though, I pulled up some monster catfish in the cove where I was camping. Just by mistake, I really didn't know what I was doing.d:)

KRS

Banned

By mistake or intentional... you sound like a fisherman to me.

Drowned Rat

Captain

It's for sure by mistaked:) I do like it though. I'll probably wet a line or two while I'm there. 8)