Wheaties with glitter

jc canvas

Cadet
After seeing a lot of ideas on lake erie last week , I hit the local super store, I'll let you know if it workes after fishing Ky lake this weekend. Altho worn harnes worked well last weekend.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Wheaties with glitter

Sounds like catfish bait to me.
Anything with Wheaties in it is their type of food.
I always mixed my own up using pig brains.
It is killer bait.

jc canvas

Cadet

Carp, I caught 2 large carp. bent my hooks. I did mix the weaties with oyster soup. fish didn't even nibble at the worm. glitter must have helped. 20-50 feet deep in 95 foot of water. I went trolling useing worms and didn't have any luck.. fish just weren't hungry saturday.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Somebody once told me that they mixed cornflakes with strawberry soda to make a dough bait for carp. They claimed it worked great but I never tried it. We always used percimmons when we could find them.

spots

ztim

Chief Petty Officer

A friend showed me using garlic works well.

MRS

Commander

For carp add alittle mapel surup to it they love it also there is a carp bait they sell at walmart that works great. If fishing is slow I will fish for carp and if there is a kid around I will give the pole to the kid they do not care what it is they are catching has long as they are catching something and it is usalley the biggest fish they have ever caught. Plus they fight great the biggest one I have caught was 20lb`s. Have had the hooks straighted out a few times.d:)

Ron G

Commander

we always used oatmeal and strawberry coolaid for dough balls i caught 3 one night around 45"long.