Using Sea Foam as sole fuel stabilizer???

pilot4net

Seaman
I am a firm believer in Sea Foam as a cleaning and de-carbing agent. I have used it in everything I own to get it running right again when it seems to have lost a little something. I use it pretty often in my truck and wife's car and just recently used it in my son's four wheeler when it wouldn't stay running. A little Sea Foam and now it runs great.

I have read several times on here as well as Sea Foam's website and on the can that it can be used as a fuel stabilizer. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences using Sea Foam as the only fuel stabilizing agent and if they had any problems. I put Sea Foam in every tank of gas for my boat, so I would like to know if it will keep the fuel fresh during the off season or should I also use Sta-Bil in the fuel. Any information you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Using Sea Foam as sole fuel stabilizer???

Great question! Thanks for asking. I am new to Sea Foam but have used Sta-Bil for many years and know how well it works. I've decided to use Sea Foam in each tank of gas and to add Sta-Bil when I don't use my boat for several months (usually Nov. thru Feb.) I hope someone will advise us on this.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Why not put the cat in charge of the hen house. 8) email them and ask.

Mark

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

SeaFoam is all I use.

eli_lilly

Chief Petty Officer

A while back, someone here looked at the MSDS for both products, and they are both solely naptha, with the concentration in Seafoam being significantly higher than that of Sta-bil.

-E

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Stabil is 95% isopropyl alcohol and Contains no oil. Seafoam is 40-60% oil and 25-35% Naptha

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

From Sea Foam:

Sea Foam "Deep Creep" is Sea Foam, ( a 100% oil blended product) in a spray can.

When using to protect for storage/fog an engine, the product penetrates into ring lands and piston skirts to prevent/clean sticky rings, penetrates past the piston rings to protect your cylinders and penetrates into any carbon build up to allow that carbon to burn away once the engine is re started sometime in the future.

Sea Foam / Deep Creep leaves a thin protectant oil film that will remain until the engine is re started and driven.

once the engine is put back into service, Sea Foam / Deep Creep will leave an oil smoke coming out of the exhaust until all oil residue/carbon dust has been exhausted from all cylinders.

Chunder06

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sea Foam sales must be down this month!!!!

gss036

Commander

Try it , you will like it~~~~~~~/ works great, just like WD-40.

fat1

Seaman Apprentice

I never know when yall are being sarcastic we should develop an icon for it cuz I still dont know the answer! ???

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

The baloney wizards are alive and well today.

About a week ago Sea Foam contents were published courtesy of the mfgr. Said that it was originally designed to help OMC with their outboards in the northern USA climates. Said it had oil, Naptha, and Alcohol. Oil for the 2 cycle lube, alcohol to support fuel conditioning, and Naptha to burn off the crud.

Now if we still have a problem with this, maybe we need to get the mfgr involved. 8)

Mark

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

The baloney wizards are alive and well today.

About a week ago Sea Foam contents were published courtesy of the mfgr. Said that it was originally designed to help OMC with their outboards in the northern USA climates. Said it had oil, Naptha, and Alcohol. Oil for the 2 cycle lube, alcohol to support fuel conditioning, and Naptha to burn off the crud.

Now if we still have a problem with this, maybe we need to get the mfgr involved. 8)

Mark

Chunder06

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The product may be ok but its the testimonials that smell a bit, I can't wait for the one where sea foam replaces all their tools and mechanics.