Wards Sea King 5 HP

fishin4ever2

Recruit
I have an old Sea King serial # 432032 Model # 6028925- it is a 5 HP direct drive outboard. I need to know who made this motor so I can buy parts for it, I need an impeller and seals and the gasket set needed to replace the power head. I have a new power head to put on but need the gaskets. If anyone can tell me where to buy parts and whom the manufacturer is it would help greatly.

thanks

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wards Sea King 5 HP

I'm at a loss can't find those numbers.
Does this use an aircooled powerhead?Can you give us some details.Does it use 360 degree reverse?
What brand plug?what color?Any details you can think of.

davidmorris2

Recruit

I have an old Sea King serial # 432032 Model # 6028925- it is a 5 HP direct drive outboard. I need to know who made this motor so I can buy parts for it, I need an impeller and seals and the gasket set needed to replace the power head. I have a new power head to put on but need the gaskets. If anyone can tell me where to buy parts and whom the manufacturer is it would help greatly.

thanks

I have a 1964 5hp sea king outboard. I am looking for a diaphram for this moter. Do you know where I can find one?

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

fishin4ever2:

Is your motor an air cooled motor or water cooled? If it's water cooled, it's made by Gale. If it has the ol' Tecumse' powerhead, then it's made by Eska.

davidmorris2:

Your motor should be made by Chrysler. Gale was discontinued in 1963, but the 5hp prior to 1964 was made by Gale. Then again, if it's an aircooled model, then it's an Eska made motor.

davidmorris2

Recruit

Thanks, Do you know if I can get a diaphram/fuel pump for it? The motor is in great shape (stored in tool shed since purchased).

davidmorris2

Recruit

fishin4ever2:

Is your motor an air cooled motor or water cooled? If it's water cooled, it's made by Gale. If it has the ol' Tecumse' powerhead, then it's made by Eska.

davidmorris2:

Your motor should be made by Chrysler. Gale was discontinued in 1963, but the 5hp prior to 1964 was made by Gale. Then again, if it's an aircooled model, then it's an Eska made motor.

It is a water cooled engine and the water pump seems to be working fine