125 1971 Rude Spark

dsinger

Chief Petty Officer
I have a spark problem. So far I have cleaned all the grounds inspected the timing base and stator. Cleaned every connection. I have a felling it is the coil pack but was wondering how you can test it. I also pulled the red plug and jumped the starter still no spark. Any ideas will help. The pack is new the stater and destributor are also new. The reason I think it is the coil is because that is just about the only old part on the ignition.

dsinger

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 125 1971 Rude Spark

What does it mean when you disconnect the red plug jump the starter and get spark. I was just wondering..

72 Roody

Cadet

Well, if you pull the red plug, and jump the starter, it's a test to see if a wiring problem exists in the wiring system! If you get spark with the red plug(all are not red) disconnected your spark issue is more than just components. I think?

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Basically eliminates the kill circuit and related wiring, ignition switch, Etc. from the remote back to the engine...

dsinger

Chief Petty Officer

ok that is what I thought it went around the kill circuit.. Can anyone tell me how to test the coil pack.