Twin'95 150's - Odd water pressure 's

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant
Twin 1995 150 - Loopers. J150NXEOM & J150EXEOM.

Port engine idles at around 152 degrees as measured with non-cotact IR. Starboard engine idles at 112-120. (Both measured after ten minutes from a cold start on the hose thru-the rear engine fitting on dry land.)

Port engine when attached to the hose the hose is hard and the flex fitting between the cowling and the block is ballooning out,

Starboard engine when attached the the hose, the hose is easily squeezable and the flex fitting looks normal.

Obviously I have a blockage somewhere, whats the most likely culprit?

I never noticed it until today while I was de-carbing and had a good A-B comparison. They never over-heat underway although the temperatures gauge readings are often different.

As always thank you all for all your excellent advice :)

Rich

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant
Re: Twin'95 150's - Odd water pressure 's

Forgot to mention - When in the water running both motors have good strong streams at all RPM's.

Could the bad engine be the one with a low temp reading???

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner

Perhaps a stat or pressure valve is stuck open.

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

Checked the stat's .. Whats a pressure valve? Are you refering to the tstat being pressed into the spring? Ihave good spring tension.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

When was the last time you replaced the water pumps & t-stats (related hoses as well)? "Normal" temps on JohnnyRudes is around 140-145.

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

Solittle said:
When was the last time you replaced the water pumps & t-stats (related hoses as well)? "Normal" temps on JohnnyRudes is around 140-145.

Last winter I did complete maintenence on the pumps etc... ~150 hours of use.

When they run they seem to have plenty of water pressure ~20 PSI and they never over heat.

My question is regarding use on the hose. One has lots of back pressure one has a freeer flow.

Which one should I be concerned with?