I'm so excited!

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer
My wife just called from her national convention in St. Louis and told me where we're going on next year's vacation incentive/ trip.

Cab Sana Lucas, Mexico! Their websites say it is the Marlin sport fishing capital of the world! Wow, 1/2 day charted strips start at $80-$120. Quite a bit less expensive than Aruba. It's located on the southern tip of Baja and I can't hardly wait to hit another (my 2nd) beach! The first was beautiful Aruba.) I really envy anyone that lives close to the ocean.

Anyone been there and can clue me in on any good places to eat or things I should see?

P.S. I dint' want to make anyone jealous, and I'm' not bragging in any way. Just wanted to share some good news! d:);)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: I'm so excited!

Thats cool. I'll be going there this September for my birthday. I'm sure i'll post pics of all the Billfish I catch :p, and I guess I can post some info on places of interest, and places to eat.

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks, RP

I just googled billfish and now I'm even more excited!

Wouldn't it be cool to have a sailfish as a wallhanger?

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey jeff,

Sounds like an awesome trip...But, I am jealous...lol

Have a great time and let us all know if you get a sail fish.

PS, ... hope the power outage here in St. Louis didn't affect your wife....

KaGee

Admiral

"billfish"... picture a fish plastered with $$ cause that's what it's gonna cost! He..he... 8)

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer

LOL KaGee,
That's what I thought RP meant by any fish caught from a chartered boat!:$

LadyFish

Admiral

8) Jeff, I caught my first "billfish" last August about 80 miles offshore of where we live. It was a 400 pound Blue Marlin. Read my story in the Saltwater Fishing Forum, here's the link http://www.iboats.com/bbboard/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=39;gtid=1074777

Fishermen and women wait their entire lives to experience a big catch like that. I know its something I will never forget. Good luck at Cabo when you go, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.d:)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

A) Yes we are all p1ssed at you.

B) Cabo is awesome. Does your wife need a boyfriend?

C) Marlin alley is one of the best spots in the world for sport fishing. Bring a camera, you will be astounded by the natural beauty. It is also one of the more westernized areas, so it will be safe. And many of the charter boats are modern and safe.

D) Go to Sammy Hagars place.d:)

Great to hear of your good fortune. Have a blast, and know the rest of us will have our shoulder to the wheel keeping the economy going while you are relaxing and catching trophies.8)

heycods

Captain

47$#3$6&*%&%8%3&*%@~!%8 lucky 6$33%$6%%$# why couldn`t it be me who ^4#@546 gets to go, Im not jelous you understand, you ^5$3##$%#&**%, but it aint fair!
HAve a great trip and enjoy , I`ll be just fine here in my new Desert, Dont worrry about me.:':)':)':)'(

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Never been there, but just wanted to say I hope you have a great time.
emthup.gif

I've never envied anyone who lives on the beach (outside of the cars i see in their driveways -- And their vessels in the marinas)... At least, not the beaches we have down here. .
------------------------------------------------
From SW Florida, A proud member of iboats since
March 25, 2001

The old me

aspeck

Staff member

Was there for a day once - not nearly enough time. Beautiful place, though. Didn't have time to go fishing. Bummer. Have a great time!

Ron G

Commander

Hey buddy.oh pal need some company?d:)im not like the rest i am jealous one of this days im going to be a RWHd:)hope you catch a big one.
Hey RP buddy do need a friendd:)see your going in the next couple of months?oh who am i kidding the old lady wouldnt let me go anyway,not with out her that isd:)Ya'll have fun and take lots of pics.

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer

Ladyfish, I read your fantastic story when it was originally posted! Wow, what a great time you had! I always enjoy reading your posts.

Answers to Pointer's questions/comments:

A) Too bad!:p

B) I sure as heck hope she doesn't!

C) I can't wait to get to Marlin Alley, as I'm used to catching crappie, bass and an occassional catfish that really gets's my blood a pumpin'!

D) We will definitely hit Sammy's joint (at least once).
I've heard it's a great bar that has some good bands stop in and play quite often.

Techno, I havent figger'd that one out yet either. I posted in the forums help, but haven't had any replies as of yet. There use to be my screeneame (Fishin' Jeff) and avatar (Mr. Coolfish). Maybe Spinner will see this and help me out.