Engine sounds good ButTTTTT

skhourey

Cadet
1981 Mercury inline 6 115HP.
Pulling tub yesterday running great, all of the sudden horsepower, droped to about 5mph.Sounds good,no missis,just don't want to go fast.Starts right up,idles fine.Please help8)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Engine sounds good ButTTTTT

were you getting good water flow from tale tell. no alarms,

skhourey

Cadet

tashasdaddy said:
were you getting good water flow from tale tell. no alarms,

what do you mean by tale tell.if you mean the pee hole yes

05GlastronSX

Chief Petty Officer

yes he does mean the pee hole. the tell tale is just a proper name...check spark and compression and go from there

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

ok, **** tube, was trying to be nice.

skhourey

Cadet

05GlastronSX said:
yes he does mean the pee hole. the tell tale is just a proper name...check spark and compression and go from there
Thank you,going to check tomorrow and get back with you.once again thank you

MortenH

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And check the fuel line and primerbulb. Is the bulb hard? Does the engine run faster with someone pumping the bulb?

-M-

jaymasta

Petty Officer 1st Class

MortenH said:
And check the fuel line and primerbulb. Is the bulb hard? Does the engine run faster with someone pumping the bulb?

-M-

what if the engine does run better with someone pumping the bulb?

skhourey

Cadet

skhourey said:
05GlastronSX said:
you need to rebuild your fuel pump...
Checked compression,spark,fuel line,rebuild fuel pump and all three carbs.Think it might be stator going bad? Going to check soon as I learn to understand OMS reading.
Thank you very much. mudcarp8)

skhourey

Cadet

skhourey said:
Pulling tub yesterday running great, all of the sudden horsepower, droped to about 5mph.Sounds good,no missis,just don't want to go fast.Starts right up,idles fine.Please help8)
1981 mercury 115 SN.5922192 model115ELPT
mudcarp here,with futher checking I noticed fuel running out of the top carb throttle shaft (enough to wet the inside of the motor but not spraying out) all the way down through number 2 through number 3 and out the bottom is this normal.just rebuilt ran finecouple months.Thank you

skhourey

Cadet

skhourey said:
skhourey said:
mudcarp here,with futher checking I noticed fuel running out of the top carb throttle shaft (enough to wet the inside of the motor but not spraying out) all the way down through number 2 through number 3 and out the bottom is this normal.just rebuilt ran finecouple months.Thank you

With futher checking throtle shaft leake after I shut off motor for a while not when motor is running

skhourey

Cadet

skhourey said:
skhourey said:
skhourey said:

With futher checking throtle shaft leake after I shut off motor for a while not when motor is running

Just want to thank all of you for your support.put new stator in runs great.