Merc Enertia

walleyehed

Admiral
Just thought I'd drop a note to those waiting......... ENERTIA is in the house!!!!!!
I plan on ringing this Bad Boy out this weekend..
Notes will follow when I'm done!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Merc Enertia

Hey Kenny, take a Ballistic along to insure your return. LMAO. Sorry man, couldn't resist. Still chuckling.

Good luck.

Mark

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Just bumping it up to keep it in view. 8)

Mark

walleyehed

Admiral

Just because you said that, I will be including the Ballistic in the comparison data..."IF" I can get my anchor rope untied from it.....

BTW, this IS an awsome looking design...blade style is like no other I've seen.
Heck, I may even get sick about 6:00am Friday morn...
I can't wait to run this......

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I like your humor. Grin.

Seriously, can you get a pic of it to show us?

Off topic, hows the water levels in Kansas? We're in a 50 year drought here. A couple of lakes (Texoma is at 93% pool) are ok but the rest aren't. Usually they fill back up before they go down again, but the spring rains didn't come and they notched up a tad and are headed down big time.

I have (had) about a 2 acre lake in the back of our place, made from 3 original ponds. The first is long dried up and a couple of days ago the fish started dying in the second one. Almost makes you cry to see fish you raised from fingerlings and had for 15 years just deadern a doornail. Really sickening.....and the smell is too.

On the 3rd one I am going to try to save what's left. Got my air compressor hooked up for aeration and got a water line ready yesterday to pump in city water if I have to....but at $3.50/1000 I don't know how long I'ill be able to hold out, and they could impose water rationing too which would put a squelch to it.

Later,

Mark

walleyehed

Admiral

We have a few lakes that are not used for irrigation and we've had alot of rain in the western parts, so we have a few that are in good shape...
I still have a house on Texoma......about 300 yards from the lake over by Cedar Mills in Gordonville, TX. where I worked. That lake at 90,000 acres can raise 6-8" in a day.......never seen anything like it.
I'll see if I can get some pics of the Enertia...

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Are you gonna compare two props of the same pitch??? Every test I've seen with these props, the Enertia was a higher pitch.:/

walleyehed

Admiral

"Are you gonna compare two props of the same pitch"

No,......I ran 6 others in the same pitch....
I can't share all numbers yet until I get them to the manufacturers, but I can tell you it IS one He double "L" of a prop. Very, very smooth.
Mark, don't go asking for a Race, if you know they have an E7.....you will be dissappointed...

Shep, the reason for the higher pitch on the Enertia, is because it allows more RPM than a like-pitched prop, yet produces more speed, and I will say, I found this to be true.

walleyehed

Admiral

Here ya go Mark.....

IM001476.jpg

IM001472.jpg

IM001474.jpg

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Walleye... that's what I've been reading but it's not something that I've seen. Most reports are with a given prop usually 1" lower than the Enertia that was tested. Usually the test show the RPM's to be a little lower than the copared prop yet producing more speed. This doesn't lead me to believe that the prop is producing more speed but the increase in pitch is doing that in turn lowering RPM's a little bit. If your test are with 6 props of the same pitch, I can't wait to see the results. Your's would be the first test that does such. Get on the water will ya!d:)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I would think that if i am reading this right, that this new merc prop has made a major step in reducing drag kind of outdating old measurement standard's which i would call rather unique. A bit unfair? not really if this holds to be true other mfg's will get out of the box "so to speak" and get with the program............Or do a nice price reduction to make there prop more attractive....in the end we win........8)

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Ken, Looks real nice.

My gosh....look at the size of those..........ports 8)

Bet that sucker gives you whiplash coming out of the hole.

Nice rake too.

And ok I won't race anyone who wants to if they have an E7. It's illegal. 8) (again) where I boat mostly.

Thanks for the pic.

Mark

walleyehed

Admiral

Shep, the Enertia is Faster than all other props I tested at 5200RPM, in the same pitch. It's also faster at 3800RPM than anything else I tested.
I ran all at 5200 because 1 of the props, 5200 is all I could get. I did, however, run them at Max to get a top RPM as well.
It's very efficient, very thin and obviously well designed.
It's not a matter of having more pitch than the next prop because the RPM was the same or higher, and yet faster. =less slip.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner

Which props are you going to compare it with? Any chance a Raker will be in the group?

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So, if you were to compare it to a Tempest of the same pitch at the same RPM, the Enertia would come out on top right??

If that is the case... that's all I need to know.

walleyehed

Admiral

jimmbo and shep, I don't know if you guys seen last years prop tests of 3-bld SS props I had listed at the top of the old forum, but I still have several to run before I can post the new prop results.
The Rakers' and Tempests' will be included in the final posting for comparison.
I give a few more details, but my agreement with the manufacturers is to give them the final data first...when they say OK, I can then post results.

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi - I'm new to this board but wanted to share my experience with the Enertia. I have a 20' Crownline bowrider w/ 350 Mag and Alpha 1 with a Stern Jack. This is not a speedboat and the results so far are:

With the stock 21" Al prop: Speed at 3K RPMs - 33.3mph, Speed at 4K - 45.4 Top speed, not under ideal condidtions was 54.3 at 4,800 RPM's - All GPS.

New 21" Enertia: at 3K RPMs - 34.8 mph, at 4K - 48mph, tops speed so far was 55.1, but not trimmed out all the way due to conditions.

Very smooth and very good acceleration - very efficient as you can tell above.

More testing need to get the best top speed. d:)

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Crownie, No doube the massive port holes in the side are your acceleration asset; especially punching out. It is so cool getting those dudes into the rpm picture. Can't imagine what holes that big feel like.

Makes me want to take the drill to my Ballistic.......naw. Boat's light enough don't need it......but I did think about it.

Kenny, what you said about thin blades is possibly why my Hustler sucked my top end down 600 rpm's with 1" less pitch. Being alum the leading enge was pretty thick as compared to the Ballistic. Gotta be that as it has all the rest of the goodies that HP SS props have including more cup than the Ballistic.

And, from the pics, the blades seem to be pretty thin on the Enertia.

Mark

Mark

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mark - actually I an running the PVS with 9/32" holes.

This as a result of seeing tests on I/O's that showed too large a hole will actually slow the accceleration.

I may also decide to enlarge a bit after more experience, but am happy for now. Love the increase in my cruising speed!

Bob