I wish I had my camera

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Yesterday while trying out my new to me boat my son and I watched some young men (20's) go under a bridge at our local lake. They were doing the no wake idle thing when all of a sudden the kid at the throttle nails it. I guess he was trying to show off to his female passengers and male friend.

CRASH!!!! Right into the rocks and up over them. These are not underwater rocks these are big ones along the shore!

They high centered the boat and not enough outboard was left in the water to propel them. The two guys got out and pushed it off the rocks.... hopped in and away they went.

They NEVER checked for damage, NEVER even looked at the prop. Just took off!!

LFK

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I wish I had my camera

I bet It was someone else's boat (their father's?). Often it takes buying something with your own hard-earned money to 1. Take care of it, and 2. Check to see what damage you did when you carelessly run it up on a bunch of rocks.

Triton II

Commander
Re: I wish I had my camera

Why don't you ever have a camera when it's needed? This story is funny if only because no one was hurt. I'm lucky in that my sons have been sailing/boating with me all their lives and they're all reasonably responsible when it comes to showing off and avoiding SHTs. Hope it stays that way as I'm more than happy for my eldest ( 18 ) to take his mates out on the boat. I think they all understand the level of deep-do-do they'd be in if they damaged anything through showing off. :$