Four loose bolts

sbartlett

Recruit
I have a 20 HP johnson with four loose bolts that hold
the whole power head to the transom bracket. I know I have to take it apart in order to gain access to these bolts in order to tighten them. Looks like I need to loosen two rubber mounts near the top and back of the motor (just beneath the hood ) but not sure after that . Any help would be appreciated.

Thank - You

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Four loose bolts

Welcome sbartlett!

Can you give us a year or model number and a little more info on where these bolts are located on the engine?

sbartlett

Recruit

OBJ said:
Welcome sbartlett!

Can you give us a year or model number and a little more info on where these bolts are located on the engine?

The Model number is 20BA758.
The bolts are approximately beneath the carburator at the base of the top part of the motor.They attach the top of the motor to the transom bracket.

Steve

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Hey Steve.....your engine is a 75' 20hp made in Belgium......

The bolts your looking at attach the steering bracket to the steering tube. Looking at the parts breakdown, you'll likely have to pull the power head and remove the lower engine pan to get to them. I've attached the link to the BRP site. Click on engine diagrams and follow the prompts. You won't see the 20hp but look at the 25hp. When you find it, click on exhaust housing for the breakdown.

http://www.evinrude.com/en-CA/Accessories/Engine.Diagrams.htm

sbartlett

Recruit

OBJ said:
Hey Steve.....your engine is a 75' 20hp made in Belgium......

The bolts your looking at attach the steering bracket to the steering tube. Looking at the parts breakdown, you'll likely have to pull the power head and remove the lower engine pan to get to them. I've attached the link to the BRP site. Click on engine diagrams and follow the prompts. You won't see the 20hp but look at the 25hp. When you find it, click on exhaust housing for the breakdown.

http://www.evinrude.com/en-CA/Accessories/Engine.Diagrams.htm

sbartlett

Recruit

Thank You for the info !!

I have it all fixed up .

Thanks Again

Steve