Force Outboard Repair in Long Beach, CA???

dd716ted

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am looking for an outboard motor shop in the Long Beach California area where my son can take an 85HP Force outboard to for service. I sold the boat/motor to him 3 years ago and it has been in storage ever since. The motor is like new but he can't get it started!! I live in Seattle and can't talk him thru it so I suggested that he take it to a dealer/shop to have them go thru the motor and get it runnng again. He is not nechanically inclined.. so... a shop is the safer of the options until he learns what is going on... Can anyone supply me with the name of an outboard shop in the Long Beach California area that he might contact????

jasonbailey

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Force Outboard Repair in Long Beach, CA???

my bet is the carbs just need to be rebuilt. I was able to do it no problem on my 75hp. I think the 85 has two carbs. A rebuild kit should be about 19 bucks each. I'm not the most mechanically inclined but with the help of a manual & this board I was able to get it done. It took me better part of a day to get it done. The toughest part was getting the throttle & choke linkage apart. Other than that not too bad.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force Outboard Repair in Long Beach, CA???

I would suggest contacting all the Mercury dealers in the area.
If they won't work on it, ask them if they have an independent shop that they recommend, for the jobs they don't want.

These guys are a Merc dealer.
lbys.com/