Seafoam and Bogging - Less Bogging on Upper Carb

bh357

Chief Petty Officer
1963 Merc 1000.

I finally ran some seafoam deep creep through my engine yesterday evening, letting it sit overnight. When I sprayed it into the carb throats (one at a time), it seemed to bog down the most on the bottom 2 carbs. When I sprayed the sea foam into the top carb, it didn't bog near as much as the other carbs.

If I hold something in front of a carb throat (I did it this morning), the engine will bog. It will do this for any of the 3 carbs, but slightly less for the top carb.

timmathis

Lieutenant
Re: Seafoam and Bogging - Less Bogging on Upper Carb

That is normal. The top carb will be diffrent when you spray it. That is the way they all will do. I spray mine until it chokes down and then let it set for a while.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The idea of a decarb is to run SeaFoam mixture from a separate tank so it cleans the carb internal passages as well. Spraying it through the throats only does half the job. You can still end up with a dirty carb.

timmathis

Lieutenant

Seafoam is used to clean the fuel supply. Deep Creep is used to decarb along with seafoam. Deep-Creep is sea foam in a spray can. You can pull the plugs and spray deep creep in and let it soak for deep cleaning.
Tim

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Well, now I am into using Sea Foam on my '64 Massey Ferguson 35 hp farm tractor. It smoked a lot and after a few minutes of running the oil pressure was less than pristeen, even using HD diesel oil after I ran it for awhile under load.

Now, after only about half an hour of running with a half pint to the oil and half pint to about 10 gal of diesel, the oil pressure is stabilizing and the smoke is subsiding.

Whadda deal. Looks like it's going to save me a $10k overhaul for a couple of $20 bills and half a dozen cans of the stuff.

Mark