Now I know why there are so many used boats for sale.

dui9402

Cadet
Went to the lake today with the wife to cruise around in our 1980 Glastron SSv177 I/O. We like to beach and hang out/swim/whatever. There were alot of other boats beached in the same area. I saw three other I/O's with their drives fully raised and still running either coming into or leaving the beach. Most of these people looked like they had no clue what they were doing. One guy had a newer Glastron sx195 fish/ski that looked great. When he was trying to leave the beach he started up, with the drive raised, and tried to back off the beach. When that didn't work he pushed the throttle to what sounded like wot. He finally had someone get off the boat and push out into a couple feet of water, then he puts the drive down and again tries to leave. He still can't because the drive is now buried, but he doesn't care, he just keeps on the throttle and stirred up a ton of mud. He had to suck so much crap through the engine. Now I know why there are so many used boats for sale at the end of the season. Their motors are shot.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Re: Now I know why there are so many used boats for sale.

Where in Neb are you? I'm in Scottsbluff.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Most of the damage is caused by "logs"

Lack
Of
Good
Sense

dui9402

Cadet

I'm in Norfolk eepks.

PlayDoh

Seaman Apprentice

I saved more then I paid on my boat cause the impeller was gone. Thank god for dummies and lazy people.

ziggy

Admiral

hi fellow nebraskans. what lake ya go to dui? branched oak? i see the drive up thing all the time there. ya know what they say. just because ya have a boat don't mean ya know anything about boating....
unfortunetly, todays newspaper has proof. some poor folks doing the missouri river hit a wing dyke and ended up in the drink. one of em died. no pfds. had em onboard but not wearing them. a little education would go along ways i'd think. u-joints and impellers can be replaced. that poor fellows life can not.......to bad some sht are so costly.
on a side note. i must say, i don't always have my pfd on while boating. but on the missouri river while boating it's right by my side at worst, or on but unbuckeled. or just plain on. the missouri is pretty dangerous boating imho.....in reality, my pfd should be on at all times on that river. at least if i die on that river it will be by choice as i know what the ramifications are for not wearing one. folks die on that river every year it seems.
oh, if yer on the river, stay off the inside. it's shallow and theres wing dykes there. saw a motoryahat "on" the wing dyke last year. amazing sht.........