Where is the Texas Hill Country

JRJ

Commander
A friend is telling me how pretty this area is and I'm curious as to what Texans consider "The Hill Country" Just where and how big it is. Is it all private property? Thanks for any insight.

txswinner

Banned
Re: Where is the Texas Hill Country

The Texas Hill Country is considered to be an area just west of Austin, San Antonio and Waco. Yes it is beautiful with many nice towns. It is not all private but many have been moving there for recreation and retirment. Lots of you Ca. folks come there for prices and retirement. You have also caused the price to go out of sight for us poor Texicans. It is a large area.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There are several "hill countries" in Texas, JRJ. Near me is the Palo Pinto range, which is mostly in Palo Pinto County. The area from Possum Kingdom down to around Lake Palo Pinto is Gorgeous.

Far west and southwest Texas is hilly, even mountainous, but I don't find it as attractive as the central Texas hills with their hardwood forests.

JRJ

Commander

txswinner said:
The Texas Hill Country is considered to be an area just west of Austin, San Antonio and Waco. Yes it is beautiful with many nice towns. It is not all private but many have been moving there for recreation and retirment. Lots of you Ca. folks come there for prices and retirement. You have also caused the price to go out of sight for us poor Texicans. It is a large area.

I hadn't heard of Texicans, so what makes you one? I haven't caused the prices to go up because I'm from Ca, I expect your Realtors have raised prices, but where are the displaced Texans going with their easy money? :% Thanks for the info.

JRJ

Commander

JB said:
There are several "hill countries" in Texas, JRJ. Near me is the Palo Pinto range, which is mostly in Palo Pinto County. The area from Possum Kingdom down to around Lake Palo Pinto is Gorgeous.

Far west and southwest Texas is hilly, even mountainous, but I don't find it as attractive as the central Texas hills with their hardwood forests.

Thanks JB. As I said, just curious. My friend and his wife have been RV'ing for a year all over the US and were impressed with Texas.