Prop for 20hp seahorse

jaymasta

Petty Officer 1st Class
hey guys Iam thinking about buying this boat its a 14' aluminum with 3 bench seats and it has a 81 20hp seahorse
numbers are
C8121921
J20CRCIM
It has a few nicks and chips in the prop, and Iam just curious as to what kinda prop I would be looking at for this motor, and how much should a prop be for this motor thanks again.

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Prop for 20hp seahorse

How bad are the nicks and chings. If you have a small budjet like my self just take a soft grining wheel and pass it over the prop.

jaymasta

Petty Officer 1st Class

AlanR said:
How bad are the nicks and chings. If you have a small budjet like my self just take a soft grining wheel and pass it over the prop.

iam on a fairly small budjet, but there is a solid dime sized chunk out of one of them, and a few small nicks in the other 2, and a dent mark in one of them that is probobly about 2mm in depth, overall i am pretty sure it needs a new prop its in VERY rough looking shape. looking for the size that I need, and approx price of a new/remaned one..

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Jay , that prop is out of balance, i the vibration will damage the lower unit. it can be rebuilt in the range of $50 -75 US or take it off it should have numder stamped in the hub. get a new one (available in i boats prop shop,) or watch ebay for a use one. just pick up a spare for my '55 15hp for $15.00 including shipping.

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeh, I didnt relize the chips were so bad. Check ebay or you can have it sent out and rebuilt like tash said.