Seadoo Fuel Gauges

93waverunner

Cadet
Do fuel gauges go alot on seadoos, or is there a problem with the float or something because i have 2 seadoo's and my friend has one and his fuel gauges doesn't work and none really work on mine but they have power because the fuel light comes on and some other lights, the tach also goes up very slow.

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Seadoo Fuel Gauges

Check the connections. The sea doos have a floating sending unit. you can check to see if the sending unit is bad with a multi meter. Set it on Ohms. Pull the sending unit out and you shoudl have a low reading when the unit is at its lowest point. As you lift the floater up the OHM resistance should go up. if it doesnt then you have a bad sending unit. you may also want to check the connections for corrosion. if you have corrosion sand the connections and add some electric grease to the connecors
Rob

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Seadoo Fuel Gauges

the older ones have a lot of float problems and occasionally the circut board goes bad, remove the sender and place the float in a can of gas see if it sinks or floats, to see if the sender is working turn the unit upside down with it plugged in and if it reads full your float is no good but your board is ok, someone said they had a source for floats but I was never able to find any in my location