Bass federation or FLW

Ron G

Commander
Our state club presidents are voting next week to stay in bass or go to the flw format.is there any other federation members going through this in there clubs??and if so what do ya'll think?i read a little about the flws program seems there more chances to get to there top level.

gonefishie

Commander
Re: Bass federation or FLW

yeah Ron, so far the only states that are staying with BASS for sure are Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and somewhere in Canada, I believes it Ontario. We're pretty likely to go with FLW since our main and longggg time sponsor is Ranger and Ranger is a big sponsor with FLW.

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer

FLW event payouts are filtered down a lot more generously than BASS federations. Therefore, it has greater potential of gaining the respect of more anglers.<br /><br />Unfortunately the ESPN aquisition of BASS has not really made an impact on event payouts. Compared to other professional competitive sports where one player can command a multi million dollar contract, the pro tournament payouts to winning anglers can look like a pittance. <br /><br />Although the top payouts may be much less in FLW events, more anglers are recognized for their order of placement which maintains their interest.<br /><br />There is much more complicated politics between the two but both indeed have a means of appealing to meet specific angler ambitions and abilities.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

I thought BASS got rid of the Federations in '06. :confused: <br /><br />spots

gonefishie

Commander

<br />I thought BASS got rid of the Federations in '06. <br /><br />
Not yet, but they're going to, that's what the Weekend Angler Series was designed to do. They maybe are ruthless but didn't have enough guts or heart to come straight out and say we're gonna do away with what made BASS.

Ron G

Commander

Bass is going to keep on and do themselves away.alot of the pros are switching over to the flw next year heard even larry nixon is switching.