Novak Outs Rove ... Update

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
The journalist that revealed CIA's Valerie Plame's identity has confirmed that Carl Rove was his source. Anybody suprised? He said he was able to do so now that the investigation into Rove has closed. He also mentioned a SENIOR Bush Administration official, but would not divulge that name (I'm guessing because that is still being investigated). Duh, **** Cheney?

--GQ--

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Novak Outs Rove

Well I'll be darned. All this time, I thought it was Santa Claus. :%

Hmmm, Will B, I notice you post quite frequently. The new job is "swell", I take it. Maybe you can pass on the good luck to the professor. I think he's sweating in the jungle of Venezuela.

KaGee

Admiral

At least get your facts straight...

"In my sworn testimony," he wrote, "I said what I have contended in my columns and on television: Joe Wilson's wife's role in instituting her husband's mission was revealed to me in the middle of a long interview with an official who I have previously said was not a political gunslinger. After the federal investigation was announced, he told me through a third party that the disclosure was inadvertent on his part."

After his interview with that primary source, Novak sought out Rove at the White House and Harlow at the CIA for confirmation, he wrote.

His new column confirms what he hinted at in a previous one: That although he had been told that Wilson's wife was a CIA officer, he learned her name from reading the former ambassador's entry in Who's Who in America.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard! Let's see ... ID'd as Wilson's WIFE. Kinda limits the possibilities, doesn't it? Is that the best defense the Bushies can muster? He didn't actually say her name? Slicing the Baloney kinda thin, donthcha think?

PS I think Novak as at Least as guilty of treason as Rove.

(Job's okay. Thinking of a change in direction. Factory jobs pay better and have better bennies. Good Luck Professor!)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

WillyBWright said:
Slicing the Baloney kinda thin, donthcha think?

The only baloney being sliced here is the repeated and continued attempt to get through to Bush by whatever means possible.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Novak Outs Rove ... Update

Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson are suing **** Cheney, Karl Rove, and Lewis Libbey for destroying her career and risking their lives and those of their children. I'm sure they'll all be called to testify. I don't know what will be more interesting, their testimony, or all the stunts they will certainly concoct to try to squirm out of having to show up at all. This should get REAL interesting now! The spin-meisters are ramping up for some major overtime and you can take that to the bank! ;)

Here's a prediction... They're going to Flame her with reckless abandon and make her the most evil villain in America. At their own Peril is all I can say. Once this gets going, she'll be more popular than Hillary (not that hard of a task ;) ).

Kwas

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well Willy, that is more wishful thinking on you liberals part. This lawsuit is going nowhere, and you can take that to the bank. Wish all you want and spin all you want. It isn't going to trial because the suit is without merit.

Gone

Petty Officer 1st Class

As Napolitano says, she outed herself long before Rove did and therefore became common knowledge for anyone willing to look. The suit is baseless!

CD

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

**** Cheney did nothing but confirm what the journalist already knew. Case closed.

Rove and Libby may be a bit more involved.

This is just stupid politics as usual, as stupid as the impeachement of Clinton.

Ken

rottenray6402

Ensign

Risking the lives of her and her children? Whatever kind of drugs you're on I think you should adjust the doseage Willy. After all this isn't the Clintons and Vince Foster you know, I don't believe anyone in the Bush administration has actually died. These people are after their 15 minutes of fame and are doing the lawsuit for purely political reasons. If memory serves me correct didn't she out herself volunteering for a democrat fund raiser for Al Gore?

treedancer

Commander

Quote Rottenray6402

(After all this isn't the Clintons and Vince Foster you know, I don't believe anyone in the Bush administration has actually died.)

That urban legend is only in the minds of the most delusional of the rightwads.Here have a look.

Claim: Bill Clinton has been quietly doing away with those who oppose him.

Origins: A new version of a lengthy list of deaths associated with Bill Clinton began circulating on the the Internet in August 1998.According to it, there have been close to fifty suspicious deaths of colleagues, advisors and citizens who were about to testify against the Clintons, with the unstated implication that Bill Clinton or his henchmen were behind each untimely demise.

Here’s the link read all about it. http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/clinton.htm

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Tree, I think reel said it best-
10_15_5.gif

rottenray6402

Ensign

Tree, under no circumstances was I trying to imply that Bill or Hillary had anyone bumped off. I will leave that sort of hate and conspiracy theories to the libs when they talk about W starting a war for oil. I was merely pointing out that I think it is rather strange that Valerie, who as far as I know has never been out of the US on a CIA mission would be concerned for her safety or her family when people all over the Clinton era were being arrested or dying. Draw your own conclusions on the causes. I find it rather interesting that you would make the stretch and actually feel you need to defend the Clintons unless you know something we don't? By the way I certainly am a "rightwad" but I'm not delusional, if I were delusional I would be a left wing lib looking for a plot behind every tree (no pun intended). I guess that brings up another interesting point, I am a conservative and proud of it but you libs seem to get all nervous and jerky and start name calling when we point out that you are libs why is that? :devil:

KaGee

Admiral

"Risking the lives of her and her children? "

a little late after listing themselves in "Who-Who"

The whole thing's a farce. Better fill the pipe up Willy, it's starting burn out... you're gonna need it. 8)

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Wasn't it from who's who tha Novack figured out who Wilson's wife was? Think so. The lefties will bite at anything that they can to get a Bush. Not gonna work this time, so sorry!

treedancer

Commander

Quote rottenray6402

Tree, under no circumstances was I trying to imply that Bill or Hillary had anyone bumped off.

Than why was it there?

Quote rottenray6402

I was merely pointing out that I think it is rather strange that Valerie, who as far as I know has never been
out of the US on a CIA mission would be concerned for her safety or her family when people all over the Clinton era were being arrested or dying. Draw your own conclusions on the causes.

Might try doing a little research first, took me all of three minutes to come up with this little jewel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Plame#Career

Former CIA official Larry C Johnson , who left the CIA in 1989, indicated Plame had been a "non-official cover operative"). He explained: "...that meant she agreed to operate overseas without the protection of a diplomatic passport. If caught in that status she would have been executed." Later, he wrote that "The law actually requires that a covered person 'served' overseas in the last five years. Served does not mean lived. In the case of Valerie Wilson, energy consultant for Brewster-Jennings, she traveled overseas in 2003, 2002, and 2001, as part of her cover job. She met with folks who worked in the nuclear industry, cultivated sources, and managed spies. She was a national security asset until, supposedly, being exposed by Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.

Quote rottenray6402

I find it rather interesting that you would make the stretch and actually feel you need to defend the Clintons unless you know something we don't?

I must know something that you don’t know about Clinton, how about the economy, it was a big topic earlier this week; want to compare it to Clintons?

These economic statistics regularly cited by Bush,Bush, Paint a rosy picture of the labor market and income growth. However, they ignore the fact that economic performance since 2001 remains weaker than in previous economic recoveries.

Income growth, but not for all. The 8.3 percent rise in real (inflation-adjusted) after-tax income per person since about one third slower than the 2.3 percent per year growth under President Clinton.

The average hourly earnings of production and other nonsupervisory workers have fallen in each of the past two years. During the period of job growth touted by President Bush, real wages fell by 1 percent.

The real median usual weekly earnings of full time wage and salary workers have declined 0.9 percent under Bush. The largest declines in earnings have been at the bottom of the distribution and the only increases have occurred at the very top. This pattern contrasts with the healthy growth in real earnings up and down the income distribution during the last five years of Clinton presidency .More elimination of the middle class by the of the middle class by the Republicans .

Quote rottenray6402

if I were delusional I would be a left wing lib looking for a plot behind every tree[

well better go now I think I hear some black helicopters coming.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Being a CIA agent has nothing to do with being invisible. People have lives. Even CIA agents. She wasn't undercover all the time, for crying out loud! She had to be in the public eye to a degree to be in a position to be involved. As far as "Outing herself" by working for the Gore campaign, WHAT PLANET DID THIS COME FROM? She didn't exactly climb up on stage and pronounce "I'm a CIA Spy" did she? Don't even go there. You don't have a leg to stand on, not even a bloody stump! She's a Person, not a Shadow. Don't you guys watch James Bond movies? Sheesh! ;)

You 23 percenters really crack me up sometimes.

JRJ

Commander

Note to headquarters, AOK here, no clues getting through :=

Kwas

Petty Officer 1st Class

Joe and Valerie have announced a book deal. A law suit against some of the top leaders in America would surely put the spotlight on them and probably sell a few books. Now 2 upstanding citizens like them wouldn't stoop that low to make a bundle of money would they? 8)

I report, you decide.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

From what I've seen so far, they're suing for the truth. They may not win and they know it. But those responsible will be compelled to tell the truth in a court of law. The book deal was inevitable. You know it'll be on the Best Seller list the first week out no matter what. They don't need the publicity. I wish them all the best. What happened to them is inexcusable and we all know it. Had this happened under the Clinton Administration, you'd be calling for Bill's execution and we all know that too! Why the double standard? Why is it okay for the Bush Administration to expose a CIA agent that is risking her life to protect YOU for Petty Vindictiveness? SHE's the Good Guy for crying out loud! WAKE UP! Forget for one second that it's Bush. Attach any other person's name. You'd be hanging the noose AND WE ALL KNOW IT!

PS I'll be the one holding the noose for Bob Novak. ;)