1996 Suzuki DT 140 only two pistons firing

Sid

Cadet
Bottom two pistons fire, top two don't. Could it be the power pack/ CDI? Anyone have one? pass the word along.

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: 1996 Suzuki DT 140 only two pistons firing

These engines sometime shut 2 cylinders down when there is a problem with oil or the waterflow switch ... so you need to give a bit more information, when does this happen and any warnings on the tach or sounds etc ...

Sid

Cadet

deejaycee_2000 said:
These engines sometime shut 2 cylinders down when there is a problem with oil or the waterflow switch ... so you need to give a bit more information, when does this happen and any warnings on the tach or sounds etc ...

Sid

Cadet

Sid said:
deejaycee_2000 said:
Well its done it ever since we had work done on the tranzsum. We asked around, even took it to a suzuki tech. and he replaced the stator which of course did no good. he suggested it was the power pack but based on his first analysis I was doubtful. So now I've been asking around after he quoted me a price on a new CDU/ Power pack. I did switch the charge coils to isolate the problem a bit more and that reversed the pistons firing. Am I in the right direction or could it be something else. I've has also heard CDU's don't ever go out. Which brings me to this bog. :%

Sid

Cadet

deejaycee_2000 said:

Sid

Cadet

Sid said:
deejaycee_2000 said:
Does accidentally crossing the battery cables when installing the battery to a Suzuki fry your CDU?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

No these units hardly ever go bad, but from your qoute " I did switch the charge coils to isolate the problem a bit more and that reversed the pistons firing." you shouldn't have done that, rather change that back, from what you saying, it seems that you messed with the wiring a bit already, not a good thing, cause the wiring is the way it is for a reason ...... by crossing the battery cables won't fry the unit either, there are fuses to protect it, and your battery terminals will probably melt off ......