better speed prop for racing 30hp suzuki?

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Which prop would be better to race with, for more speed .... a ballistic Michigan Match high performance Stainless Steel 3 Blade 10 1/8 Diameter X 15 Pitch .... or a powertech stainless steel 3-blade 10.375 Diameter X
16 Pitch ........ any other prop suggestions also appreciated .....

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: better speed prop for racing 30hp suzuki?

It is a racing inflatable, like the one on my avatar and here is a pic as well ...
the boat weighs about 170 pounds including the engine and when at WOT only the prop is in the water so I want maximum speed out of my engine

crash1.jpg

ivar

Petty Officer 1st Class

If your motor can pull it , I would think it should get best speed with the powertech , all things else being equal

I guess the only way to find out is to thest them both, play with the setups (trim, mouning height etc and then test some more)

deejaycee_2000

Captain

thanks, my trim and mounting and height is perfect, as i tested it, now just for the right prop ... can't afford both that is why I wanto know which should be faster ....

ivar

Petty Officer 1st Class

What prop do you currently use, what does your tach show, and whats the max recommended rpm for the engine?
Depending on conditions, either one could be faster...

deejaycee_2000

Captain

I currently use a 3 blade solas saturn stainless steel ... 10.25 x 13 pitch recommended rpm would be about 4500 - 5500rpm but the engine is totally modified and blue printed so I run at at much higher rpm ....

walleyehed

Admiral

The heigth and set-up will be a bit different for each prop. I don't know what kind of speeds you are achieving, but a racing-type clever like a Ron Hill custom over-hub sounds like a better choice to me.
You'd have to contact him directly and tell himwhat you've got and how you run...I'm sure he'll have a prop that will be close.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

thanx walleyehed .... I can get about 65 mph currently .... rob hill from hillmarine right?

walleyehed

Admiral

"RON" HILL......and yes, I believe it is Hill Marine.