A real SHT I heard yesterday

aspeck

Staff member
A friend of a friend was working on his roof. He wanted to be safety minded so he tied a rope around his waist and then to the back bumper of his pick-up truck. (You are prbably getting some mental images of what is about to take place)

He starts working on the roof and finds himself on the back side of his 2 story house. The repairs are going well when he hears the truck door slam and the engine rev to life.

At this point his life was flashing before his eyes as he began yelling at his wife who, with the radio on, was merrily on her way to town for groceries. It must have been quite a sight to see him fly over the roof - fortunately he lived with no lasting disability. Unfortunately he was off work for about 6 months!

The moral of the story, if you are going to use your truck bumper for a safety tie-off, at least keep the keys in your pocket, or write a note and put it on the steering wheel!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: A real SHT I heard yesterday

Thanks speck, Dt. Mt Dew all over the keyboard.:^
Yea, take out the dist. pull all the plug wires, anything to disable this thing from starting.

Ron G

Commander

LMAO sounds like around here,never leave the keys in the vehicles the old lady gets hairs at time and just takes off in anythingd:)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

My buddys wife did that to their dog after their son hooked the leash (with dog attached) on the trailer ball of the truck. :eek:

KaGee

Admiral

You just can't make this stuff up! 8)

KRS

Banned

hehehe, it's time for bed now, good laugh at the end of the day.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

According to snopes.com, that story has been around since 1986. A "friend of a friend" kind of story usually ends up debunked one way or another.
Funny though.d:)
snopes.com/autos/mishaps/roofman.asp

aspeck

Staff member

Only thing is, Dave, this did happen. I met him. He told me the story. Had the scares to prove it. It does sound made up, but every now and then weird things happen to rednecks! Hey, watch this! And hold my beer, please!

oddjob

Commander

A friend of mine always says " when you aint smart, ya gotta be tough!" :'(d:) How far did she drag him before she realized she was ?....

aspeck

Staff member

According to him, she realized it while he was flying over the roof!

aspeck said:
. Had the scares to prove it.

Something like this should have made the papers. - Documentation or references, Please. :wink: 8)

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

technostupeedo said:
aspeck said:
. Had the scares to prove it.

Something like this should have made the papers. - Documentation or references, Please. :wink: 8)

I think if you are in Poduck, Anywhere, then it's about par for the course, and the papers aren't going to make the effort to find out about it.