Poor poor (really rich) Mrs Lay

txswinner

Banned
I wonder how long after Kenny Boy had the attack did wifey pooh wait to get help. All I remember is her tears on having to sell the Number 8 house in the mountains. Now this tragedy, oh but now she gets to keep the money. Justice as usual is served.

rottenray6402

Ensign
Re: Poor poor (really rich) Mrs Lay

I wonder what would be an acceptable length of time to pass before I ask her out? :devil:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

rottenray6402 said:
I wonder what would be an acceptable length of time to pass before I ask her out? :devil:

Today.:devil:

KaGee

Admiral

SBN said:
rottenray6402 said:

Today.:devil:

Stand in line Spinner! 8)

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I asked her out last night. She told me she was not going to share her money with anyone.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Cheeez!!:%

What ghouls.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

llfish said:
She told me she was not going to share her money with anyone.

The way I see it, it's not her money anyway, it belongs to all the ex shareholders of Enron, and should have been given back to them. :|

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

I agree Reel Poor,

If the illgotten gains of drug dealers and the like can siezed by soceity than any property or funds that the estate holds that are a result of Kenny Boy's inpropriaties then they showed be surrendered.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

A wife's husband is dead...
Children's father dead....
Grandkids father dead.....
How did you feel when your parents/grandparents died?
For those of you who have experienced it, I don't have to say anything....
For those who have not, just wait!
I hope that the money he leaves behind, eases thier loss....
If he did do something wrong, & break some laws, he sure didn't do it singlehandedly.....
He may have caused financial harm to many, but he didn't kill anyone.....
I'll bet none of the employees were complaining when the checks were rolling in & they thought they were getting rich off of stock options & such.....
TX hot dog should have posted this, not TX winner....
Sorry, but I can't gloat over someone's death....
Even if he was a common, (or) uncommon criminal.....JK

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Haut Medoc,

Yep, he caused financial harm to some folks and I bet the suicide rate in the peer group is a bit higher than the norm for that age.
Also as far as getting rich with checks rolling in, one of the problems was that Kenny Boy and Company were NOT letting the employees sale off Enron shares in their 401K's while at the same time they were unloading them as fast as they could.

They knew if everyone dumped the share prices would plummet and they would loose money.

For Lay's family that has lost a loved one they have my condolences but his death does nothing to settle the issue of restitution, which I feel should be a part of any sentencing.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Well, they can focus on Skilling now......
We'll see how his appeal works out......JK

txswinner

Banned

Yep, Haut I feel real bad for the whole bunch of thieves, in fact I am willing to share some of my feelings with you and others, still have almost 7,000 opts for you and others to feel the grief. Just part of my retirement portfolio.

Sorry, I did not cry over many others who are evil and destroy lives for their own greed. He is was and ever shall be a bad guy.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, but you're still a Rich, White, Honky!....
& he's dead.....
I'd be pizzed if I were hoodwinked too......
I didn't say you should cry over his death.....
I just don't think it's right to gloat.....JK

aspeck

Staff member

Hey HM, you and I agree on something! I didn't like Lay and what he did to so many - I had no shares of Enron, but I felt the results in the rest of my portfolio.

That being said, my condolenses go out to his family. I do not know them, do not know and will not assume they are money grubbing thieves like Kenny-Boy, and really don't care at this point. They lost a family member, and that has to be tough.

txswinner

Banned

Wow, so you guys missed the televised crying episode of Mrs. Lay and how hard this whole Enron thing was on her and her family and they were having to sell their 8th home in the mountains. I feel no grief for those who fed at the well of the infidel.

I know of two people, one 64 years old who lost their entire retirement while Kenny Boy and the Mrs. sold their stock and continued living on easy street.

I have not cried over any of the terrorist, serial killers or other evil people that have left this earth.

KaGee

Admiral

Haut, I'm shocked! You are the last person i would have expected that post from. You do have a heart! ;)

Just look at all the Estate taxes they'll have to pay.

aspeck

Staff member

And I am NOT crying for Mr. Lay, either. But I do feel sorry for his FAMILY at the loss of one they presumably loved dearly. I hope whatever restitution can be made to those that lost on Enron will be made (even at the expense of homes #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7) from the Lay Estate, but I also think that Kenny-Boy had some networth before he got greedy and ran Enron to the ground and beyond, and the family should get to keep that.

Does that make sense to you TX, or am I becoming a democrat? :^:'(

txswinner

Banned

Careful there Aspeck. I think the family should get to keep the same thing that those who had their entire retirement and employment with Enron. NOTHING. You do not get to rob and bank, get caught and just give back what you stole and walk away. The family wallowed in his wealth and like wise should wallow in his wrong doings if they enjoyed the wealth.