coupler on back of polaris motor

Reellaxn

Cadet
ok i have another polaris and would like to no how to seperate the engine from the shaft seems like the gray coupler has a broken keyway or my impeller is jammed and i want to seperate them to see if enhine is sized or impeller has a blockage Thanks

:| another day in boating lol

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
Re: coupler on back of polaris motor

easiest way is to pull the pump then turn the motor. In order to uncouple the motor you need to unbolt it from the motor mounts. Pulling the pump is quicker and easier on your back.
Rob

Reellaxn

Cadet

Ok pump doesn't want to come out if i remove the ride plate would using a block of wood and a hammer hurt lol still trying to get the ride plate off without breaking it. i removed the 4 long bolts and it didn't budge do i need to remove the small back nose cone or just pull and nudge it with the block and hammer was told i didnd't need to take the 4 bolts off inside it should seperate in 2 pieces from underneith
ya no its tough with no dealers anymore all closed up on polaris :eek:(

Reellaxn

Cadet

also need cylinder for a 2002 virage-i 800 2cly direct injected guess its a rare motor ...............just my luck ....................jet king and few others don't have the part

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer

The pump shoudl have 4 bolts that hold it to the HULL. they shoudl be on each corner of the pump right where the pump meets the back of the hull. The ride plate wont come off until the pump is removed. Some pumps have silicone around the rim so theire a pain. You may want to use a 2x4 to lightly force the pump down. Insert the 2x4 between the pump top and the underneath the step pad area fiberglass. If I remember correctly the ride plate wont come off until the pump is removed. you dont really need to remove the ride plate to remove the pump.

As for the cylinder you can have it re nicasiled unless you gouged it then you need to bore it out and renicasill it.
Try jetski.com or call greg at Circuit jet sports in huntington beach Ca.

Rob