Temp Sensor???

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
The sensor is just a switch that closes when it gets hot.
To check the alarm touch the sensor wire to ground.The alarm should sound.You may be able to check the switch by checking continuity while holding it in boiling water.Considering the importance of the sensor I think I would replace it if you have any doubts.Water should come out of the exhaust ports.
If the impeller is bad you will know it when you see it.
If you don't know when it was last done you should replace it anyway.You can check cooling by VERY CAREFULLY touching the heads.It should be too hot to hold your hand on but not so hot it burns you.BE CAREFUL.

docyg2000

Seaman
Re: Temp Sensor???

steelespike said:
The sensor is just a switch that closes when it gets hot.
To check the alarm touch the sensor wire to ground.The alarm should sound.You may be able to check the switch by checking continuity while holding it in boiling water.Considering the importance of the sensor I think I would replace it if you have any doubts.Water should come out of the exhaust ports.
If the impeller is bad you will know it when you see it.
If you don't know when it was last done you should replace it anyway.You can check cooling by VERY CAREFULLY touching the heads.It should be too hot to hold your hand on but not so hot it burns you.BE CAREFUL.

The heads are what the spark plugs are in right. Hey this is my first boat
Thanx