Waverunners dying - help!

dlandon

Cadet
I have two Yamaha Waverunners, a Wave Blaster II 760 and a Wave Venture that are dying. The Wave Blaster runs great until you turn and then it bogs down and will sometime quit. The Wave Venture runs for a few minutes at full rpms then dies. It's hard to restart initially, then it eventually starts back up and repeats the same problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Waverunners dying - help!

first impression to me is fuel issues, have the carbs been rebuilt in the last year and the fuel tank pick ups cleaned , is it still using the fuel selector switch ? those can cause problems also, how old is the fuel is there water in the tanks.

dlandon

Cadet

Carbs haven't been rebuilt. And I haven't checked the fuel tank pick ups. Can you describe them? When you say fuel selector switch, do you mean the on/off/res switch? Fuel is new. And no idea on the water.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

I would think it is time to get the carbs done as for the pick up it is in the takn and the selector switch is the on off res switch

tower1

Cadet

dlandon said:
I have two Yamaha Waverunners, a Wave Blaster II 760 and a Wave Venture that are dying. The Wave Blaster runs great until you turn and then it bogs down and will sometime quit. The Wave Venture runs for a few minutes at full rpms then dies. It's hard to restart initially, then it eventually starts back up and repeats the same problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stop riding the Venture until you fix it or you will be buying a new motor, it is seizing.

At this point you need to do a compression test on it. The problem is fuel related. Test the selector switch (on,off,res) by blowing back though the line, but most likely you need to rebuild the carbs I believe the Venture has 2 Mikuni carbs. If you give me the year I can be more specific.

The Wave Blaster is also the carbs very common, Mikuni has a section describing the problem sounds like yours is bad and they will also need a rebuild.