NY Times, All the news that assists Al Qaeda.

D

DJ

Re: NY Times, All the news that assists Al Qaeda.

I trust-NONE- of the major media outlets. They've proven their ability to manufacture stories.

They are; self proclaimed, unabashed leftists and one party hacks.

It's too bad TVidiots most of which, don't see it.

Some day, the people of this country will wake up realize they are being spoon fed-crap.

The story, printed by the Times, is very close to treason. But, we won't realize it until terrorist attacks become "second nature" and just another- "inconvenience".

Are we willing to live that way?

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Oh you jokers.You are reacting to a story written by some journalists and at the same time you actually believe that terror sponsors do not know that these money channels are monitored.
You are a lot more naive than the terrorist sponsors.Since the central nervous system of el-quaida has been atomized, most of their financing is done locally with drug smuggling,people smuggling and bank robbery,besides there is a very private third world banking system that goes through very discreet couriers and telephone calls which leaves neither a paper nor an electronic trail.
Swift was old news in the rest of the world 3 years ago.Just because some journalists needed some publicity ,does not mean that they published anything new.They just showed you something that the rest of the world,including the terrorists,have known for a long time.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Rolmops stay away from the talking points and look into the facts. One of which was the provided link where the following information was shared in direct opposition to your assertions. In fact it used the NYTimes as a source supporting the sucess of the program. What what the heck, we got the Rush Limbaugh scandal to propogate.

Quote from the above link:

The administration strongly urged the New York Times not to expose this classified program, and for good reason. According to the Times itself, the program has proven vital in hunting down international killers. The Indonesian terrorist Hambali, who orchestrated the Bali resort bombings in 2002, was captured through the Swift program; a Brooklyn man who laundered $200,000 for al Qaeda through a Karachi bank was tracked via the program. The Wall Street Journal adds that the July 7, 2005, London subway bombings were fruitfully investigated through the Swift initiative and that a facilitator of Iraqi terrorism has been apprehended because of it.

D

DJ

Agree with Pointer.

What is sacred? Nothing?

We're talking national (personal) defense here.

The US government has only one role-really. That is to protect it's citizens. We're doing a terrible job of it.

1. Wide open borders.

2. Idiot (PC directed) hires of the TSA, at airports.

3. A government that wants to protect our enemy and ignore the citizens.

#2. I'm sorry, I was NOT comforted by a TSA employee, wearing a turbin, at the Detroit airport. No ID either. I was told it "conflicted" with his "native" dress.

I say Bu!! Sh!t. I did not raise a stink, but the guy behind me did. He was promptly "carted off" for a full body cavity search-I'm sure-by Abdul.

That behavior, that we tolerate, is Crap!

i'm one that has tolerated. Thinking about it now-NO MORE. I have to get on an airplane tomorrow.. We'll see what happens. I'm FED up.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

And they got nowhere near the critical mass.Just some crumbs fed to them and you as important.The Spanish train station attacks were highly effective (for the terrorists) and were financed locally without swift.
The high echelons of the terror groups are not only nasty ,they are also very intelligent and do not rely on anything as easily traceable as swift.
The reason why this was exposed,if you can call it so,is the potential that this is another example of the way that big government is worming its way into your and my private life and eats away at your and my rights to privacy.Big brother watching me and telling me that it is to defend my freedom is not a thing that I enjoy.
By the way,the guys with the turbans are not moslems.They are Sikhs.The Sikhs are the members of a religion that started in rebellion against the indian moslem rulers and they are amongst the most ferocious fighters against Islam.So please do your homework before you try to racially or religiously profile anybody.

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

[When your local police investigate a drug ring and send in undercover agents, do the local papers have "the responsibility" to print the details of the operation? When the local game wardens set up a sting for poachers, should Field and Stream write an article detailing the program? Should everyone's personal information be printed in the local paper because it can be? Should the invasion plans for D-Day have been published front page simply because they could be??? The media has freedom of the press but with that freedom comes great responsibility. And it should also carry with it some common sense as to what is news, what needs to be exposed and what needs to remain secret. To not know the difference places us in grave danger.

Why are you more trusting of Al Quaeda and terrorists than of your own government?

UFM82

D

DJ

rolmops

Sikhs, yes I knew that, shortly after my experience. But, a middleastern look, and attitude to follow, did NOTHING for my confidence in our level of security, or lack of.

Homework done.

You missed part of my point. That is: If you want to work for American security, DON'T FREAK OUT THE CITIZENS. Yes, we Americans are stupid, but we don't need to face something that we deem as representative of what brought down airplanes.

I am "religiously" profiled everyday-as a Christian.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

So if they apprehended the terrorist prior to the bombings we can hear how his "rights" actually "non existant rights" were violated, or we can hear from the left how ineffective a program is even if we apprehend him after the TERRORISTIC attack. Either way we can wave the freedom of the press garbage. The hero of the left FDR, threw journalists into prison for just this type of activity. War, its more than just a word.

I wish I could have things that way, make that both ways.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

You think they're idiots, don't you? Al Qaeda I mean. You think they don't know bank records are traced? You think they don't know their calls and emails are monitored? Come and join us here on Planet Earth. THEY'VE KNOWN ALL ALONG!!! Stop listening to idiots like Rush and O'Really and think for yourself! Sheesh!

The sad part is that the NeoCons think we're all stupid enough to believe thier line of BS of blaming the messenger. Apparently some of us are. So sad!

Shall we also condemn the Wall Street Journal? They ran the same story and I don't see anybody here calling Them traitors!. Sheesh!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Funny though it sounds,in a way I do trust El Quaida more than my own government.
El quaida is very honest about wanting to destroy everything America stands for.They make no bones about it.
Every time I see my own lawmakers introduce some legislation,there is always a lot of fine print that introduces things that have nothing to do with the original intent of the legislation.
Please explain to me what building bridges to nowhere in Alaska has to do with the war in Irak.Yet it is tagged on to legislation dealing with sending money to Irak.Everybody knows that most of our politicians act like eels in a bucket of snot.Do you trust your government?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Well then by all means we should tell them how we are monitoring their movements. Better yet, lets not even try, heck they are so smart they live in caves. And as true leftiests tell us only weak minds believe in religion, how smart can they be.

This is why the modern left is so successful at losing wars. Todays stategy same as yesterdays, run away.....

Oh btw, what exactly was illegal about this program?????

D

DJ

Willy,

Anyone willing to fly a plane into a building, or blow themselves up, is NOT a genius.

Hate trumps intellegence-anytime.

Pointer,

We are "coddling" them. We're so damned afraid of "offending" anyone that we can no longer defend ourselves. That will be our end. Unless the American citizen has a brush with it, they don't understand.

Even some of the wives of the the Trade Center victims were "bought off" by the medias big $$$. I found that very offensive and very transparent.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Pointer I understand you frustation,but you can exclusively blame the modern right for not doing their homework on this war.The mess we are in is exclusively new right wing organised and supervised.

D

DJ

rolmops,

"I do trust El Quaida more than my own government."

That statement is very frightening. We're not talking about bridges here, we're talking; LIFE and DEATH. I find that statement "flippant" and dangerous. But, if that's the way you feel, you have an option. It's called a vote.

El Quaida offers the same option, as long as you vote their way, or, you get your HEAD SAWED OFF.

Maybe you find that appealing?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The Times didn't tell nobody nuthin they didn't already know. Except for US. Yet another case of warrantless spying on everybody including our own people. Geez, if we were in a different country reading about all this, we'd wonder why the stupid citizens didn't revolt. Maybe it's time. The next election should prove quite interesting. Come November, VOTE!

D

DJ

Willy,

The "Times" went into detail.

Of course the "enemy" knew, they just didn't know-HOW.

The HOW was huge.

Self edited. I thought better, of my comments.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Djohns,there is the stock of a galil on my mantelpiece.There are 16 notches on it.I completely trusted every last one of these people to want to kill me.that is why they are notches on the stock of my galil.I like it when things are black and white.

Twidget

Commander

Most other countries? Name a few. Most of the countries I have been in do that and worse to their citizenry.

If there were a humorous point to this whole thing, it would be that the people at the NY Times would be the first to lose their heads if the savages win.

D

DJ

rolmops,

i appeciate your candidness.

I believe you undersand that one cannot "befriend" everyone.

There is HATE (the killing kind) out there.