Honda BF90 water sputtering out with exhaust

chuckdd

Cadet
I have a '96 and a slight amount of water, mixed mostly with exhaust, comes out of the upper exhaust holes. Sort of a sputtering spray. These are the holes that look like little nostrils. I can't recall noticing this before and someone recently pointed it out. Is this normal?

Thanks, ChuckD
o:)

Re: Honda BF90 water sputtering out with exhaust

Usually you will have some water coming out the exhaust holes. It's a good way to tell if your engine is pumping water if it isnt coming out the tell tail.

chuckdd

Cadet

Well I took the L44 out and now there is no water sputtering from the exhaust holes. Strange, wonder why this would be intermittent?? ....boats, ya gotta love em!

ChuckD

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Bypass ports. At idle and very slow speed exhaust bypasses out these ports due to back pressure in the thru-hub exhaust. Under way it goes out through the hub. Normal operation! On the 40, if the tell tale is showing a good stream this is also normal. No tell tale and no bypass spray = not good. Impeller time.

dc joe

Recruit

maybe your exhaust manifold has corroded away in the block and the water in the surrounding gernils is entering into the exhaust. this is what happend to my bf 50