valve adjustment on 95 mercuriser 3.0lx

thmlrmg

Seaman
i have good compression on the 1st 3 cylinders after doing the valve adjustment by the book. the 4th cylinder doens't have any? I adjusted it just like the book said and moved the crank 1 rotation and adjusted the other valves. the book says with #1 cylinder in firing position adjust both #1 cylinder valves and #2 intake #3 exhaust and #4 intake, rotate the engine 1 revolution where # 4 is in firing position and adjust #2 exhust, #3 intake and # 4 exhaust???? leak down test show perfect on # 4 also?? what am i doing wrong???

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: valve adjustment on 95 mercuriser 3.0lx

The fact that you have no compression during a compression test and the leakdown test is OK, leads me to believe you are doing something wrong.
Rather it not being on TDC on the COMPRESSION stroke when you do the leakdown on #4 or starting your sequence of valve adjustmenti I don't know. But if done properly, there is no way you can have Zero compression and the leakdown test is ok.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: valve adjustment on 95 mercuriser 3.0lx

When you did the leakdown test did you take the schrader valve/valve core out of the test hose?