Stupid Friday the 13th!

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer
Well I'm not very superstitious, but I think I got the "Friday the 13th" curse. First, I'm a guitar player and my drummer quits. This wouldn't be all that bad but he quit because he got in a fight with a freinds wife. This freind is in another band with this drummer and he quit that one also. I know this will probably blow over but still not the way you want to start a Friday, I heard about this at 7:30 am. The second thing to happen today is much worse, in my opinion. I get home from work and collect my mail, lo and behold what do I find, a letter from the city. I read this letter and it's a notice that I am in violation of a city ordinace. The violation is because my boat is in the side driveway. This really got me going because I have no garage to store it in. In addition, the shape of the lot is such that putting the boat behind the house is near impossible. They were however generous enough to give me 2 days to move it. I also have a smaller boat on stands in the backyard but they said nothing about this. There was also a violation because my shed is a little rusty. Well maybe I'll paint the thing pink and see if they like that more. <br />In any event, if this is all I have to complain about I'm doing ok.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Stupid Friday the 13th!

Guitars and Boats... I too suffer from both of those diseases... Unfortunatly for us there is no known cure for either... Oh well... :D <br />Yea paint that shed pink and add some purple poka dots... That will fix em'..... :D

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

I hate friday the 13th....I wuzzzzzz going fishing tommorow....Now I am working.<br /><br />Not that I could'nt use the money mind you....Its just that I have been doing this same job for the same pepole for 15 long,long,long years and I only make 10 bucks an hour.<br /><br />I have a wife and four kids, a cow, 14 goats, a couple of pigs and two cats (no rats though)two trucks, a tractor, a boat and an 80 mile round trip to work six days a week.<br /><br />10 BUCKS AN HOUR SUCKS....FUBAR.<br /><br />I thought that it would rain all day today because of the storm in the gulf....I realy did'nt want it to rain, Just hide the sun so I did'nt have to sweat my tail off for 9 hours.<br /><br />Not a chance.<br /><br />Instead I got a 15 minute drizzle and a bunch of sun....In FL you don't want it to rain and then have the sun pop out....What you end up with is a day full of getting hit on top of your head with the sun, a hot mist hitting you in the chin from below and breathing in air that feels like it weighs 10 lbs per square inch....not to mention your boots being wet from the grass and the rest of you, right down to your skivvys, being wet from sweat.<br /><br />Now I ask you....WHY am I going to work tommorow?<br /><br />Somewhere I lost five bucks today.<br /><br />I broke my favorite pencil and in a last ditch effort to entertain myself I destroyed a nice pice of flint that I was makeing an arrowhead out of when a turky skeeter zapped me from behind (cowards).<br /><br />Today sucked.<br /><br />voodoowood.

ebbtide176

Commander

daleT: my bestest friend goes thru that - and its always a soap opera... mixing personal with business is something the music industry cannot avoid i guess. i hope it all ends up clean as the 3rd snow in Feb. just hope it doesn't take that long. there's so much passion in music i guess, kinda like fishin. hope they realize things don't change, people do, yet they don't lose the ability to play together, just hafta put aside personal differences. get the emotional stuff settled, then jam like they've always been friends - ya know?<br /><br />dampwood - you're just climbing another hill ole buddy, you will get on the downhill side... dude you got a clan going aintcha? a regular derwood community all-in-one! the shonuffwood commune :D <br />when i lived in S GA it was the regular steambath like that too. my pop's lived up north, and out west, he said the humidity is different-makes for a totally different environment.<br />i don't know bout all the others but i got lots of family with your type of gathering - i callem true americans. its just the 2.3member family dwelling 'round here in the outskirts of metro Atlanta. i miss the type of living you're privy to - but i did get to go dove hunting at my ole (retired farmer) uncle's land in the sticks last weekend. N AL. first time being in the very same plot set aside for annual doveshoots- since @ 1978.<br />you're true americana my friend
flagusa2.gif

Mike NZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Boats and guitars, what an awsome combination. I love both too. My brother has a band called 28 days and they recently lost their drummer too. He stepped into the path of an oncomming tram in Melbourne Aus. and that was the last note he played. A rusty shed and a boat in the drive sounds like my place. Whats their problem. Don't they appreciate a thing of beauty.