1960 Seahorse 10

jonnyboy22

Cadet
I beleive the model number is QD-21 on this motor. I ordered a rebuild carb kit for this motor but wasn't sure of the oil/gas ratio? can I use a plastic tank with this motor? It also has a glass bowl at the bottom of the carb. there is a metal round piece in there.. should that be all the way tight or loose?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1960 Seahorse 10

you need to use champion plugs J4C gapped at .030. you fuel mix is 24-1 (6gal. gas to 32 oz oil) the plastic tank will not work. you need the old style 2 line pressure tank, that has the pump button on top of the tank. the motor does not have a fuel pump , what it does is pumps air into the tank forcing gas to the engine. on line is for air to go to the tank, the other is for the gas to get to the motor. the easiest place to find these thank is ebay. click ebay motors, boat parts, gas tank. the glass bowl is the fuel filter the nut on the bottom should be tight enough it does not leak. send me an email at 'tashasdaddy@comcast.net. i will scan the diagram of your carb for you.

jonnyboy22

Cadet

the gas connection is a 2 prong connector one to hold the hose on and the other for the gas. from there there's a gas line that goes to a black box and one that comes out of the box and goes into the carb. the glass bowl is tight but inside there is a round metal notched piece. should that be tight?

jonnyboy22

Cadet

Anyone know where i can get parts for this motor besides the local marina? I need to get a plastic float for the carb.

Paul Moir

Admiral

A Johnson or Evinrude dealer will have the float. If you need to use an online one try maxrules.com, theoutboardwizard.bizhosting.com, or ishopmarine.com

Don't use the 18- carb kits because they don't come with a float.

1960 ought to use a fuel pump and a modern style single line fuel tank.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Its got a pump...plastic tank fine. I got a 61.

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

1959 is the last year that motor used a pressure tank. 1960 has a fuel pump ... the black box you mentioned. So yes, you can use a plastic tank.