I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Purduebarry

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'll check back to see if things improve but this is really sad. Hopfully some of you have influence to get this corrected but this must improve. The speed of the new site is horrible. I've been patient but see no explanations and no clarifications of what's going on with the forum. I've posted and asked for answers to no avail. It's painful to read and reply to threads! I end up staring at the small green indicator on the bottom of my Internet Explorer just praying for it to go faster. PLEASE fix this or at least let us know what's going on and when it may improve.

I'm going crazy ???:'(

rojoc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

I have to agree! At first I thought it was me but this is the slowest site I have encountered recently. I am sure it will get better. (HOPEFULLY)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

See, your problem is you don't know where to post your questions about the forum, or where to look for answers.
I didn't either.
Obviously the forum they set up for questions and answers about the new software isn't the proper place, or even a sticky at the top of each forum.
No, nothing so easy. What you have to do is go over to the Dockside Chat section and browse the threads. Then you can find this thread and find out the forums may be down for a while.

http://www.iboats.com/bbboard/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=20;gtid=1099727

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Been there, done that Purduebarry. I reached my limit two nites ago. However I decided to recant my iboats withdrawal to see what may happen in the near term.

Once again, this change s**ks. There are no added features that are worth the slow speed and the abysmally small print.

Purduebarry

Petty Officer 1st Class

AAuuggghh..even your link doesn't work Don. I did go to the Forum thread and gave constructive feedback. Why don't the Mods give us a brief update each day? I know they are working hard (at least I think they are) and this should improve (I hope it does) but why all the misery and mystery. This forum is one of the biggest in the business and iboats runs it for the business it brings but they must realize the problems are giving a negative experience to all users.

Purduebarry

Petty Officer 1st Class

In the interest of fairness I too the liberty to cut and paste this thread from Admin5 off of the Dockside Chat...I would have liked this to be placed on all Topics but here it is anyway...I'll be quiet now because I at least know my concerns were not in vain.

Thanks for all the comments. To sum it up...we know the new boards had many problems, is waaaaaaay too slow and is unacceptable.It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. We tested it a great deal before and all these problems really came as a big surprise to us. You are all right by the way that typing a new post the text size is big time too small...

The verdict is that we are working on it! We don't want a crappy boards any more than the rest of you. The boards will probably be down monday and could be down as long as till the end of next week while we work the problems out. Feel free to point fingers but it will just make people mad. We are not happy about it either. Figure it this way, after another week or two of hell we will be back on track. Sorry for the inconvenience and we will be issuing refund checks to those who paid for membership.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here, I took a picture of it.

Untitled5.png

DHPMARINE

Captain

I can take some more.Thru all the complaints this time as well as previous,The thing is ....... who has a better site ?I really have a good time here,and never see advice about going elsewhere.

Iboats must be spending some kind of $$$ to have this site.And now more $$$$ to 'try and improve it'.
All my plans don't go well,and now IBOATS has followed me,HAH !

Don is correct that this should be posted elsewhere,but I'm posting here for now.

DHP

Purduebarry

Petty Officer 1st Class

Okay it's back up and I hope it's better. Still some needed improvements but I hope they get to those too.

For whatever it's worth, this is the program that brings us to the commercial. Meaning the forum is intended to bring us to the iboats store. I don't have a problem with this and I tolerate commercials which bring me the programs I like to watch, but that doesn't mean I like all commercials. This is marketing at its finest so they have a vested interest in making the forum a positive experience. Can you tell I'm in marketing? We'll I still have a rotted transom so back to iboats!

spike_michael

Seaman Apprentice

ya know if'n you use Firefox or Mozilla things are just SO much faster on the web.

I ONLY use Internet Explorer when some "web master" is so ignorant (s)he makes a website ONLY Internet Explorer compatible.

The micro$oft web$ite come$ to mind a$ an example...