Edelbrock/Weber tuning questions

JasonB

Lieutenant
Weber 625cfm on a Ford 302.

Finally golt the idle on my Weber carb set. Idles ok, snapping the throttle makes some smooth sounding RPM's, but if you slowly throttle up, the engine stumbles above idle adn falls flat on its face and dies. It will run at about 1500rpm, but is a little shaky. I've tried different accelerator pump settings, but I'm guessing that I'm still too lean?

Bondo, we had kicked the question of using EBrock jets/rods in the weber. Seems to fit fine.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Edelbrock/Weber tuning questions

Bondo, we had kicked the question of using EBrock jets/rods in the weber. Seems to fit fine.
I figured they Would........

Do you still have the link to the Edlebrock Manual,.??....
That's where I'd be Looking for Your Answers.....

JasonB

Lieutenant

Yup, have it printed out and have read it a dozen times so far. Just hoping someone can confirm my suspicions before I pull the lid back off again to change the jets. I've tried every step-up spring and nothing has helped so far.

b45701

Cadet

I'm more familiar with Holley’s from messing with cars, but I imaged the principal is the same between a Carter/Weber and Holley just different syntax.

If it were a Holley I’d focus on the accelerator circuit, as it’s function is to provide transition from idle circuit to main circuit. If it starts to accelerate then bogs, usually the accelerator pump charge/squirt needs to be extended. This could be accomplished by going with a smaller squinter or a different accelerator cam which extended the charge/squirt. If it bogs then picks up, usually a larger squinter fixes the problem as the engine needs more fuel to perform the transition to main circuit.

hope this helps, a little anyway :)