suzuki 85 1987

sajjied

Cadet
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SUZUKI OUTBOAT THAT ON IDLING THE MOTOR WORKS GOOD.THEN WHEN IT IS ON GEAR ON SLOW SPEED WORKS GOOD BUT WHEN START TO INCREASE THE SPEED IT STALLS AND STOPS.IF FROM SLOW ON GEAR I INCREASE THE GAS RAPIDLY TO FAST THE MOTOR WORKS GOOD TOO.IT SEEMS THAT AT A CERTAIN RANGE OF GAS THE MOTOR DON'T WORK PROPERLY.I CLEANED ALL THREE CARBURATORS,REPLACED THE PETROL, REPLACED THE PLUGS AND REPLACED THE IN LINE FUEL FILTER.PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM.THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: suzuki 85 1987

Well it could be that you didn't clean the carbs well enough, cause this would be caused by one of the jets only putting fuel through when on high pressure, so there must be a little bit of crud there still that makes this happen ... the suzuki mukini carbs are very sensitive ...

sajjied

Cadet

deejaycee_2000 said:
Well it could be that you didn't clean the carbs well enough, cause this would be caused by one of the jets only putting fuel through when on high pressure, so there must be a little bit of crud there still that makes this happen ... the suzuki mukini carbs are very sensitive ...

dear Deejaycee,
first of all thanks for your answer, so it could be that i only cleaned them with thinner but i didn't blow them with compressed air
yours
Philip

deejaycee_2000

Captain

That's it, you always need to get into the tiney little places with compressed air, I always, soak my carbs in carb cleaner for at least 24hrs and then use compressed air on it, works like a dream .... like I said the mukuni carbs are very sensitive and they would give you a problem with even the smallest bit of gunk stuck in there ...

sajjied

Cadet

thanks again for your reply,but i removed again the carbs and i cleaned them well with thinner and compressed air.
N.B. I removed main nozzle, pilot jet, main jet needle valve assembly out and cleaned them well.
please do you know any settings on carb and throttle and do you know the function of the throttle valve sensor assembly.
thanks very much again
yours
Philip