iboats 9.9 Merc 2-stroke update

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Some of you may remember that I bought a 2004 Merc 9.9 program motor in March. Thanks for all the advice & input from everyone here. All your opinions were very helpful when I was comparing motors.

Well, it sat in the shed with me drooling over it until last
weekend when I was able to get it to the lake for the maiden voyage. It started on the second pull and ran like a dream, smooth & strong.

There is a problem however, that the tilt lock mechanism isn't working right and the motor won't stay in the up position. Since the first ride wasn't until 3 months after I bought it, I'm glad I bought the 3 year Merc warranty. I took it to the dealer up there and they are repairing it under the warranty.

Inspired by a previous post that was put up of someone's hole shot, I've posted a video of my son taking off in the boat here: http://www.zippyvideos.com/7531687355440266/000_6199/

The boat is a 14' aluminum and I should note that my son is a big kid, tipping in at about 240, so you can see the spunk this motor has. I have to apologize for the quality, it was made with his Easyshare digital & it was the first time I've used it on video. I found the video hosting site and it took a while to buffer when I previewed it, it's a 2.5 MB file. Hope you'll give it a look.

Sorry, I can't remember who posted the hole shot video - I looked for the post but couldn't find it. It's also my first time on the new forum and the Search isn't working.

I think we'll have a blast with the outboard this summer!

05GlastronSX

Chief Petty Officer
Re: iboats 9.9 Merc 2-stroke update

good to hear that your satisfyed lakelover :) I took a look at the video and that little 9.9 flys on that 14 foot aluminum boat. The hole shot is very solid. Good luck with it and have fun.

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Re: iboats 9.9 Merc 2-stroke update

Wow! That motor's got spunk! Congrats!8)