Trolling Motor question

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer
Hey Guys, has anybody had any experience with this type of trolling motor. Outdrive trolling motor <br /><br />I can see where it would be nice to have on the rear of a 25' Tripontoon boat, so I wouldn't have a front mount to deal with. I've been told these are more for straight forward trolling, and they are not very maneuverable, being limited to the turning span of the Outdrive. My main goal, would be saving from starting the big motor to reposition, or to move in to untangle, etc. Not to mention moving around the docks, or other boats when talking. It would also be good, to save on some paddling, in case of trouble. <br /><br />My other concearn, would be in wondering if it would create that much drag, being constantly mounted to the outdrive, but one other said that it shouldn't create drag, because once the big motor is under power that this trolling motor should be just above the water line.<br /><br />Here is a picture of one like it mounted on an Outdrive Trolling Motor mounted on an Outdrive <br /><br />I would appreciate feedback.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Trolling Motor question

Moving to Electroics and Trolling Motors