Question about Fishing License

Joel Fever

Recruit
I was looking up fishing licenses on the internet and I live in massachusetts. I also plan on fishing at some point next season. <br /><br />My question to you all is the legal definition of "fishing" outlined in the 'massachusetts fishing and gaming license'<br /><br />For example am I allowed to use a spear or stick fashioned with a sharp tip? and or use my hands? Basically, do I need a liscense for this type of fishing?<br /><br />thanks in advance,<br />-Joel

rwise

Captain
Re: Question about Fishing License

jfever<br />first welcome to the board!<br />I can't say for there but for here (in OK) you would, and they went up to $20.00 this year for a resident licence. Here you must have a licence to take any fish, frog or turtle, in any fashion, unless you are "American Indian" in certain area's.<br />Richard

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Question about Fishing License

Take a look at the site for Mass Fish and Game:<br /> http://www.state.ma.us/dfwele/dfw/dfwrec.htm <br />It gives you the laws and requirements for fishing. It does state that you can only use spears and bow and arrow for carp, suckers and eels and you do need a license.<br />Hope this helps.