Spray lake Jan 3/04

NOSLEEP

Commander
Here's a nice view of our ice fish'n on Saturday<br />It sure was cold -32 with a high of -26<br />No fish were caught I think the fish thought it<br />was to cold to cooperate.<br />The black shacks are our portable huts, that <br />fold down on skies. They help make the trip a <br />little warmer.<br /> <br />These are my partners in crime. :D <br /> <br />Here's a shot of what no fish looks like :p <br />

gonfishn

Commander
Re: Spray lake Jan 3/04

It looks a little on the freeze cold side to me No Sleep..I know you do the Northerns on ice but are there other fins you are trying to catch..<br /><br />Nice thing about -36 is that what ever postion the fin hits the ice thats where it stays..Some nice pics you captured..

NOSLEEP

Commander

We are fish'n for Lake Trout Gonfishn.<br />This lake is not a natural lake. It is a<br />reservoir formed by Damming the Spray River, I<br />believe it was logged and filled some time in the<br />50's. There are also Cutthroat Trout and<br />Rocky Mountain White fish, and although I have<br />never caught any there, probably Rainbow and<br />Brown Trout.

mountainboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great pics, No Sleep :D The ice at my favorite New Mexico lakes has frozen nicely to around 12 inches or so. Kokanee and rainbow trout are what these lakes hold. It is such a great time hanging out with friends on the ice, even if the fish don't always bite.