Whats your favorite lake?

KillerJello

Seaman
My favorite lake is in northern Michigan in Benzie county. It is Platte Lake. We own a summer house on the east end of the lake.<br /><br />Here are some pictures of it.<br /><br />This is looking north across the lake.<br />
platte1.jpg
<br /><br />This is looking east, you can only see about 1/3 of the lake in this picture.<br />
platte2.jpg
<br /><br />This is the lower Platte river, after it empties out of platte lake, this picture was taken about a mile from the mouth of the river in lake michigan.<br />
platte3.jpg
<br /><br />Another picture looking south on the river. If you look closely you can see that the water is crystal clear. Its one of the things I love about northern Michigan.<br />
platte4.jpg
<br /><br />And finally a map of the general area, although for some reason the map is upside down. I think the DNR put that sign facing the wrong direction.<br />
platte5.jpg

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Whats your favorite lake?

My favorite lake is the broken bow lake in south eastern OK. Not much trout fishing here in OK and without this lake feeding the lower mountain fork river, there would be no great quality trout rivers. there is the lower illinois river but i like the lower moutain fork alot better.

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Whats your favorite lake?

lake marion south carolina, looking out from randolphs landing. yea, thats what i'm talkin about!<br />
sunsetpier.jpg