best reel for around $75.00

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer
WAS LOOKING TO PURCHASE A BAIT CASTER REEL FOR TOP WATER PLUGS FOR UNDER $75.00 LOW- PROFILE TYPE I HAVE A ABU-GARICE TP 5600C TOURNAMENT PRO THAT I REALLY LIKE WHEN IT COMES TO CASTING PLUGS @ ALSO A ABU-GARICA 5300 FOR BAY FISHING THERE ARE SO MANY LOW PROFILE CASTING REELS ON THE MARKET AND NEVER REALLY OWN ONE WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM GUY'S THAT HAVE A BETTER IDEA WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: best reel for around $75.00

Shamano makes a great one so does diawa they are a few $ more becasue the counter weights arnt magnetic but they will give you much better line cast more backlash if not careful but in the end once you learn to thumb it a much better choice

Matt O

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have been real impressed with the 2 Pleugers I bought this year, one baitcast and one spincast. I bought both as combos, The baitcast I got with a 6'6" rod at Bass Pro for 60 bucks. Smooth casting and 4 bearing reel. I am impressed enough I'd buy another.<br /><br />Matt

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer

drive camp what model was the Pleugers baitcasting reel?

Matt O

Petty Officer 3rd Class

lonewolf this is the one that I bought. I hope this link works if not copy and paste. I have caught the biggest fish of my life off of it this year and its easy to cast especially for a guy like me who had never used Baitcast before. The guy I fish with used it and he uses only baitcast and he was impressed as well. <br /><br /> http://www.basspro-shops.com/servle...arClassCode=3&hvarSubCode=1&hvarTarget=browse <br /><br />drive camp

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

i agree with drive camp, have used a few pluegers before and the one on the like is like one i used. didnt have many problems.

Bco128

Petty Officer 1st Class

i only have one baitcast.its a shimano coriolis bantam.they run for about $85.00.worth every penny too.very smooth no problems.pick a good'un.

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer

WHAT DO YOU GUY'S THINK ON THIS REEL THERE A GOOD PRICE ON IT QUANTUM EX500CX?

dakotashooter2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I guess I am a fan of the ABU Garcia reels.I currently have 5 of them (and my son has 2). I have 2 ultra mags (low profile no longer made)that are around 20 years old each one has been repaired once and for less than $5 in parts. 2 are 10-15 years old and running strong and the others are less than 5 years old. Thses have been used for large pike and 8-15 lb cats and have yet to fail me. I have owned a 1/2 dozen others of various brands including shimano and diawa, that were toast after 2 or 3 seasons.

JJ57103

Seaman

Real hard to go wrong with ABU. Their headquarters in Sipirt Lake, Ia is only a 2 hour drive from here, so I'll buzz over there a couple times a year. They have rebuilt ABU's there too - 100.00 reels being sold for 1/3 price, due to "boat rash" is all. Keeps my "fishing budget" in line that way. I have a dozen or so ABU reels, and I wouldn't trade a one of them for nothing...'cept maybe another ABU reel ;)

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer

JUST PICK UP A QUANTUM PLUSE REEL MODEL PL400CX GOOD PRICE ON E BAY NEW $26.00

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

i dont own a baitcaster, probably never will. but i will say that for a spinning reel. the shimano baitrunner is the best! :p :D

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

I bought my first Shimano about three years ago. It's been used exclusively in saltwater and is still the smoothest, best casting reel I've ever owned. They are worth the extra bucks you pay and I'll never buy anything else [unless something better comes along].

Striper1

Recruit

Guy looking for help with 120 force motor that has no compression. Sorry to say nine out ten times it is broke rings in those cylinders.you are looking at 4 sets of rings, two(2)pistons.<br /> Force pistons are 220.00 each.Rings are 105.<br />00 for (4)four sets.Wisechoff parts is the best way to go,just as good,at less than half price.<br />Here is the bad part,if you have it done you are looking at least $1000.00 to $1500.00 labor,the kicker is even rebuilt the motor is only worth $800.00 to $1100.00 dollars!! That is why my 120hp 1994 Force is in the scrape pile as of 8/22/03, funny you ask.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I have 2 Penn 920 baitcasters. I use them trolling with downriggers and I use them bottom fishin' in Long Island sound for black fish and fluke. They are trouble free smooth cranes, don't let small size fool ya'. For 75.00 they are ball-bearing,smooth as glass drags,gold anozide reel{looks good with the gold downriggers}a couple of cranks of the reel handle you can feel the fine AMERICAN craftsmanship at it's best. [BUY AMERICAN} They are really a good reel......Ted

perchjerker

Seaman

Shimano curado, a friend of mine who wade fishes for specks and reds uses one and all he does is rinse it off with a water hose and spray wd 40 on it. Has adjustable brake blocks instead of magnetic spool control, guy at the tackle store said they are finding out that magnetic is not as good. Also I have a shimano scorpion which is the version sold in Japan and love it. It will cast one 16th jigs. Also has infinite anti reverse, no slack in the handle. (it's a bit expensive.) check this link http://www.profishing.net/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&S tore_Code=PN&Product_Code=7&Category_Code=Shimano+Bait+Casters <br />This a good company, shipped my reel from japan and got it in less than a week. eBay has some pretty good deals on curados.<br /> http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...eg&query=curado&query2=curado&search_option=1 &exclude=&category0=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&ebaytag1code=0&st=&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

KillerJello

Seaman

I love my Daiwa Millionaire.... Not sure how much it costs, as i got it from my grandfather recently, but its one of the better reels i have used. It took a while to get used to the backlash, but once you figure it out its a really good reel.

ebbtide176

Commander

i have a couple of quantum reels, they work great, compared to their low cost. i used to be a daiwa believer, and still like them, i have a couple of them. i have an abu and its good. i recently got a shimano curado bantam sf, and it is the best i've had so far. it will handle smaller line & lighter lures better than all my others.

walleyehed

Admiral

I've used mostly Shimano for years, both spinning and baitcasting. I bought a Quantam IR300 I think it was, not a palmer, but by far the smoothest, easiest casting reel I've ever used, BUT, the level-wind guide pawl wore out in one summers use. I sent it to Outdoor world for repair, fully expecting to pay, and it was sent back repaired, free of charge because Quantam had a material issue with the pawls, as it was explained to me (the metalurgy) and was fixed with newer components. I now have 2, and have yet to find anything that compares to the castability of these reels.........my opinion.. :)