ghostship?........NAAA....it's just Derwood in the shady.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer
HEY GENTS.........<br /><br />How yall doing? I've been thinken about yall....Did some pretty good fishen early in the year but the last 2 months have been dreadful....<br /><br />Its not the fact that they hav'nt been there to catch....I just can't seem to get there to catch them....I've gone through 3, count'em, 3 motors in the last 2 months :mad: !!!<br /><br />Last month on motor #2 it died while I was sitting just off the channel markers at hernando beach....I told myself that I was going to fish right there untill my wife called the navy to come get me....I had refused to budge one inch...I was going to fish one way or another!<br /><br />I sat there for about 45 min. when a realy nice redfish tried me for a free lunch....we fought for about five min. when he tore out across the channel for his last dash at freedom......then I felt a thump and the line went limp....<br /><br />When I realed the line up I could feel something but it was'nt the red I had just battled.<br /><br />When I got it to the boat....all I could do was say " HOLY SH!T....HOLY SH!T"......I had a nice pair of redfish lips (and most of the head)....but the rest of it was lunch for something that kept me standing up to look around every few minutes like a scared rabbit.....<br /><br />It was a 25" to 30" red gone from the gills back....the shady lady is only a 12 foot jon....that leaks....with a busted motor....and I left my minni Gun in the truck!(ie, Gov. Ventura in "preditor") <br /><br />I waseted no more time calling my buddy to give me a tow back to (safe) dry land....I was bored anyway...yea....thats it....I was bored!<br /><br />Anyway I have'nt been going on the computer much lately....It was starting to be a conflict of time, wife, where I would be sleeping if I did'nt spend some more time with the wife.<br /><br />It was'nt a problem with me being on I-boats but all of the other stuff I was doing also....A change of tempo was in order.<br /><br />I did'nt leave...just took a leave of absence for a little while....so instead of checking in twice a day i'll be around one or twice a week.<br /><br />Hey Crabby....whats going on....you've probly used all but the front pocket of your fishen shirt by now.<br /><br />Hello to Peter, Gonefishen, my Mellowfellow, Ross J and JB.....have yall been keepen 00-Boaty out of trouble?<br /><br />I'll be back on in a day or two....I've slowed down my pace so bare with me.<br /><br />Ghostwood.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: ghostship?........NAAA....it's just Derwood in the shady.

Welcome home, Derwood! <br /><br />We thought maybe there was a pair of Derwood lips and part of a Derwood head lying in the Shady out there. :eek:

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

howdy derwood :) <br />good to see ya again and look forward to some<br />of yer famous yarns.<br />M.Y.

gonfishn

Commander

What have we got here. I seem to remember budwood way back when. Rumor had that he hit the lotto and forgot all about us. Great to see you back and look forward to reading your driftwood posts.<br /><br />Your Shoafin retreat memorial is going up north in about two weeks(forgot to take in Jan.) May have to bless it again. You do need to expalin though why you deserted us it seems so long ago.....

Fishbusters

Ensign

Glad to see you back buddy. I thought you had taken one too many trips out in the shady got lost and ended up in Cuba or something.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Watch out what you download from the net....I was looking for ways to spice up the desk top so I went and got some animated stuff for my mouse cursur...........<br /><br />I did get a cool Gimmic to replace the default arrow cursur....I like it and it has not fussed with the internal workings of this lump of melted down coffie stirers my wife calls a computer.....<br /><br />HOWEVER......The coolest thing I found was the animated tail for the cursur.....BUT.....It it is giveing the plastic leach acid reflux and my C.P.U. tops out while everything elese gose slow and things are not well in digital land behind the scenes.<br /><br />HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........<br /><br />Now for the fishing part of this story......I have been visiting the maptech and tera server sites because in a unique stroke of good luck the areal photos of the coast line of FL. (most of witch is realy shallow) show alot of structure....rocks, grass, Islands and sawgrass holes that you can't see from the water.<br /><br />Deeper holes and channel cuts show up darker than the white sandy areas arround them (since tera server is in black and white) on maptech the deeper water shows up as a darker and richer blue against the blue/white sandy bottom.....the grassy areas show up as greenish dark black....ehh....so do the rocks :eek: .<br /><br />Do me this favor.....go to Maptech and go to the areal photto section (you may have to put in "Chazahowitzka" on the marine nav. map and move out to the mouth of the river where it meets the gulf) once you get there the areal photo button should come to life....click it and go out to the mouth of the river to the islands just to the north of the mouth.....it looks like something out of National Geographic....And I get to fish it :p ....<br /><br />Now notice that down at the lower left corner of your screne (you may have to scroll down a little) there is two boxes with numbers in them....Yep....you guessed it....G.P.S. numbers that match my etrex numbers very closely....you gotta love that!<br /><br />So if I see it on the areal photo and I think it looks like a good place to fish I punch in the numbers to my E-trex and go check it out.....Did I mention that I also print out the areal map.... :p .....<br /><br />All that and I still can't seem to catch a catfish out of the Withlacotchee river to save my life.... :rolleyes: <br /><br />See ya gents.<br /><br />Technowood.

gonfishn

Commander

ahhhh...I see you still got the ying to go with the yang DW...great to have you back OccasionWood. Hope to be able to chat with you sometime in cyberville

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Glad to see you back Realtionshipwood. Sorry about the fishing and motor woes. I have not been out once yet. although I seem to have caught a lot of new kitchen cabinet fish and a bum refrigerator.<br /><br />Keep on the lookout for Jaws. We don't want to the Shady going down with Fishfoodwood like that last scene in jaws.