moms and fishing

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
since mothers day is tomorrow, thought we shoild<br />give credit to all the moms who are better fisherman<br />than we will ever be....<br />when I was 12, we rented a cabin for a week in<br />Georgian Bay Canada. first morning me and dad<br />are up at dawn and head out fishin. mom loved to <br />fish, but didn't see no reason to get up at 4;30<br />during a vacation.<br />dad and I got skunked big time and finally headed<br />back around 2pm. when we get back, mom is casting<br />in the little bay and asks us "how'd u do?"<br />after some grumbling from me and dad, she holds<br />up a stringer full of 8 pickeral! each one with<br />a new daredevil still in it's lip.<br />seems she didn't like their teeth, so just kept<br />buying spoons at the lil' store. ;) <br />she also caught the biggest fish on the trip,<br />a 48" northern. still have the pic. of the 2 of<br />us and her grinnin' ear to ear....<br />thanks Mom and happy mothers day!<br />M.Y.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander
Re: moms and fishing

Good story, mellowyellow. I particularly liked the part about walking to the store between fish to buy a new lure.

ebbtide176

Commander

i can't say the same for my wife, as she is a great mother, but not into fishing. my mother has often outfished both pop & i... :D

gonfishn

Commander

Mom is only 81 years young but I don't take her fishn because she always puts me to shame......

cotterman

Chief Petty Officer

my mother caught her first fish last summer off the dock at my cottage, a 4 lb smallmouth....and yes i'm sure everyone on the lake knew :D <br />it was great. now she's hooked.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well my mother dont fish but hers sure did.She gave us all ( grandchildren ) the love and passion for fishing.....Thank you grandma

auslez

Cadet

As a kid I was desperate for a rod and reel, but the ol' man would'nt cop the cost of it. So when we went on holiday and my mother saw me struggling with junk gear trying to catch a fish she fixed the ol'fella with a look and declared she wanted to go fishing and she needed some nice new gear to do it. My father was brave but not that brave, so he coughed up the cash and off mum and I went to the tackle store. <br /><br />I've still got that kit 30 years on...thanks mum<br /><br />Auslez