Old Glory unwelcome in snooty neighborhood!!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Boy, am I upset!! :mad: :mad: :mad: <br /><br />I just watched a news item about a home in a Dallas suburb that has been ordered to remove their 20' flagpole, with flag, by the homeowners assn.!! And this is by-Allah TEXAS!!<br /><br />The homeowner is in the Army, stationed at Gitmo.<br /><br />One more reason for living at The Hideout.<br /><br />I need a Chivas, straight! And I need it NOW! :( :(

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Old Glory unwelcome in snooty neighborhood!!!

Sorry if this makes it seem worse JB, but "Old Glory" is always very welcome in Auckland New Zealand. <br /><br />My (American) neighbour flies his Stars & Stripes all the time.<br /><br />BTW, I've never seen so many American flags around Auckland since September 11th.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I am just dumb enough to take down the twenty footer and replace it with a 40 footer with a garrison size flag (38' X 19') ewuipped with a spotlight for 24 hour flying.<br /><br />Bob (retired Army and very PRO-American) :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Kiwi.<br /><br />No, that doesn't make it worse, it makes it better.<br /><br />Nowhere I have been, and that includes the Pacific rim and most of Europe, have I felt as welcome as a Yank, or found more affection for the US than in God's Own Ned Zed. :)

Fishbusters

Ensign

Sounds like time to attend the next neighborhood association meeting with a little borrowed C-4 or perhaps napalm. J/K but any Americian flying a flag at this point even incorrectly (I know a few that leave it up w/o a light) is better than these folks. If you don't like it you are invited to leave.

ebbtide176

Commander

unreal... :confused: <br />may all those who voted against the flag issue have clogged drains, leaky roofs, bashed mailboxes and kudzu infestations... ;)

D

DJ

Bob_VT,<br /><br />What's with your senator up there holding up all the judicial hearings? At least have a hearing-don't you think?

Alrobot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would let them come and "move" my flagpole. Of course they could if they would be able to get within 10 foot of it alive...

gonfishn

Commander

USA LOVE IT OR GET THE HELL OUT <br /><br /> In Country 1969 and proud to have served

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

why in the world would they not let him fly the flag? is'nt that against the law to tell someone they can't fly the stars and strips? i can't think of a worse place to tell someone they can't fly the flag....law or no law in texas you might get shot over something like that. if it were me i would paint my house red,white and blue then sit outside(right under my triple post 75ft stainless steal flag monileath) with a six pack of pepsie watching the home owners asso. natzies shake in their shoes while the mob of 10,000 pissed off texans started chanting "get the rope". i can't even fathem what kind of pepole they must be, certianly not someone i would care to know. i hope they say each one of their names and jobs on every news program in the contry for a week. as far as i'm concerned thats treason! save the c-4 for asama and bury them in the sand up to their necks in the desart, put out a 5 gallon bucket of sliced bambo, and invite the public to stop by and give em all a slice like they used to do in japan! :mad: :mad: :mad: <br />derwood

Fishbusters

Ensign

In truth I bet it is not the flag that is the issue but the flag pole. I lived in a place that had strict guidelines. I did not know it at the time but I could not build a deck w/o a permit and aproval of the plans by the homeowners association. Needless to say I was out of there ASAP. I would never have moved into a place like that but my wife to be already was there and it was bigger than my place. I still think in these times a little respect should be shown and the flagpole should stay it is not like he was flying something offensive.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Take down "Old Glory" with all the pomp and pagentry you can muster. Then when you've got the homeowners associations attention put up the flag of the Osama Bin Ladin followers. I've got a feeling the association would quickly offer to fly "Old Glory" on your flagpole themselves!<br />That is if the Texans don't lynch them first.<br />Ross

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

One could also, in this case, contact the local veterans groups and get them involved. I'ld be willing to bet with the publicity they'ld generate the HOA would change their bylaws quickly. The only thing that has ever bothered me about people flying "Old Glory," is not following the proper etiquette. However, I can overlook this for the support these folks are showing for our nation and service men and women. On a side note, in an affluent suburb of Detroit one of the HOA's had guidelines as to the colrs one could paint their home. One owner who disagreed with these choices decided to paint their home these colors, and by colors I mean all of them. Needless to say the home owner, in the end, was allowed to paint their home as they saw fit

crab bait

Captain

holey moley , derwood.. people chanting 'get the rope'.. man-o-man, i guess the ole' surfers term 'hang 10 ' takes on a whole different meanin' in texas...

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

hanging ten is mild, just think what the millions of fishing monks would do to them....just think of what one monk could do with the contents of his tackel box. i see a shriveled up old pinhead hanging upside down from a tree limb by a braided spiderwire rope with a couple of 8/0 owner saltwater hooks through his achiles tendons like a deer waiting to be gutted, a 6 ounce egg sinker bouncing off his forehead suspended from a piano wire leader attached to his third knee(weeknee), an old non sterilized, rusty rattle trap sunk to the hilt into his faimly jewls, body full of every color of lure known to man like a blue spruce on christmas eve and a sabichi rig run long ways through the crack of his a$$ attached by 20lb test line to the bottom corner of a U.S. flag flapping in the seabreeze suspended from a 12ft surfrod sticking out his anus(texas flag pole)while all the neiborhood kids pelt him with splitshots out of their slingshots as the home owner pours a gallon of alcohal based bug repelant over his hole body. moral of the story: NEVER EVER get between a fishing monk and his flag! :mad: <br />derwood

D

DJ

Derwood,<br /><br />And you could stand there with a straight face and say: <br /><br />"Ahh gee officer, I think his tackle box was boobytrapped"!<br /><br /> :D :D

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

i would like to hang him upsidedown by his balls from my front poarch and **** in his nostrels every day on my way out the door to go to work. :mad: <br />derwood.

Fishbusters

Ensign

Calm down my son let your anger flow through you like the wind through the spartina grass. Do not give into the dark side. Dealing with creatures such as these takes a level head and calmness of spirit. Making the connections to the mercury switches takes skill and grace do not give into the anger.

FlyBoyMark

Ensign

I feel no anger, I feel no pain, I feel no need for retribution, I am happy and feeling very well. My view is to rid ourselves of this vermin of decay in values, like stepping on a bug, with no conscious, no regret, with no time to waist. It is my duty....<br />like a bodily function with out after thought. :cool: