VERY FIRST TROUT!

digimortal777

Petty Officer 1st Class
went out fishin today.....<br /><br />we were going dead-baiting for pike so we decided to troll some lures over to our spot to passs the time it was early yet....<br /><br />we passed a little island on lough ree and bam!!!<br /><br />my rod went flying ,,,,then it kinda went dead , i thought i had caught a snag , reeled it in a bit got it up to the boat now yet knowing that it was.......it was a lovely brown trout!!!!<br /><br />he took a run and faught like satan<br /><br />my first trout iv ever caught in my life!<br /><br />i used to fish with my dad wen i was a kid im 21 now hehe, i got my first boat last year and any time i went trout fishin i was plagued by perch and jack pike!!

Fishbusters

Ensign
Re: VERY FIRST TROUT!

Well done. I hope that this is a start of many more battles to come. Some people can't understand a facination for trout but I like them even though I don't think I would want to go exclusively for them and no other species.

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

I have to say that during the winter that's all I fish for and I just love bringing home four or five 6 to 7 pounders. :D I got hooked a couple years ago and haven't gone back. Theres nothing better than trolling with my force 90 drinking beer listening to a game and talking with my best friend on the clearest lake in South Carolina.

Fishbusters

Ensign

Rub it in Trollhole. One of these days i am gonna come up there and try it. I also hear that dropping minnows straight down over the old river chanel especially on bends and such works too.